OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2019 Offseason #FireSZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Phillies are interviewing Dusty Baker...

If you think this season was bad with injuries to pitchers, you ain't seen nothing yet. Big Dust will have Nola throwing 130-140 pitches per start, landing Nola on the DL by June. Dusty has never learned how to properly handle pitching staffs in his stops at San Francisco, Chicago (where he ruined the promising careers of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood due to overuse), Cincinnati and Washington.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If you think this season was bad with injuries to pitchers, you ain't seen nothing yet. Big Dust will have Nola throwing 130-140 pitches per start, landing Nola on the DL by June. Dusty has never learned how to properly handle pitching staffs in his stops at San Francisco, Chicago (where he ruined the promising careers of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood due to overuse), Cincinnati and Washington.
Did he ruin Strasburg or Scherzer? Not that you dont have a point but Kerry Wood had arm issues well before Baker took over. Regardless, I wouldnt want him to be the manager, cause he is a retread.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Did he ruin Strasburg or Scherzer? Not that you dont have a point but Kerry Wood had arm issues well before Baker took over. Regardless, I wouldnt want him to be the manager, cause he is a retread.
Stras was hurt a lot when Dusty was there and as a Reds fan he killed pitchers there also. Bailey and Volquez could never stay healthy under him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
PSH_Moneyball-593x356.jpg

@Magua we’re not that far off from giving them what the people want.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Middleton goes out of his way to say they want to find the next Craig Counsell. 0% chance they don't hire a "Name".

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Middleton goes out of his way to say they want to find the next Craig Counsell. 0% chance they don't hire a "Name".

I guess the good thing is the manager doesn’t really matter a whole ton these days. But the mindset is concerning when it possibly leaks into player acquisition.

Is Middleton going to push the front office to go overpay on some washed up name player in free agency?

Last edited:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I guess the good thing is the manager doesn’t really matter a whole ton these days. But the mindset is concerning when it possibly leaks into player acquisition.

Is he going to push the front office to go overpay on some washed up name player in free agency?
Dusty will do that in his first year

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i dont get the comparsation with john middleton and jerry jones, jerry jones still wouldnt get rid of his coach for 8 years after medicore seasons and bring any talent on that team. john middleton is more like Hal Steinbrenner, brings in talent and changes managers.

Reactions: BryceHarper

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The only thing I can remember that rivals this Cardinals power outage was this, quite possibly the most nauseating thing I have ever witnessed in Philadelphia sports:

View attachment 264783

cc: @MiamiScreamingEagles
You lured me into a baseball thread.

In between Flyers goals in that series, I could have read every Shakespearean play, flown to and from Australia... twice, watched every episode of Gunsmoke and had enough time left over to develop an interest in farming and see my crops harvested and shipped. Or so it seemed.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

In between Flyers goals in that series, I could have read every Shakespearean play, flown to and from Australia... twice, watched every episode of Gunsmoke and had enough time left over to develop an interest in farming and seen all my crops harvested and shipped. Or so it seemed.

You're in luck! The 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers can give you that same experience but while winning games thanks to this lovely schedule!!!!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

In between Flyers goals in that series, I could have read every Shakespearean play, flown to and from Australia... twice, watched every episode of Gunsmoke and had enough time left over to develop an interest in farming and seen all my crops harvested and shipped. Or so it seemed.

Hey boss, next time that happens, I'll tell you what you can do, a perfect time suck - start playing Farmville on Facebook. You won't thank me, but it will absolutely murder the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad