OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2019 Offseason #FireSZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Didn't we all know this when the story of how the Harper signing happened broke? Middleton's going to do what he wants.

Well yeah, but at least take a step back after that.

That really was one of the worst press conferences I’ve ever seen.

Wow.

“What about the farm system? Is that better then when they got here?” - Eskin

“Uh, well uh, uh, well, after the all star break we had the fourth best Bullpen ERA in baseball.” - Middleton

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well yeah, but at least take a step back after that.

That really was one of the worst press conferences I’ve ever seen.

Wow.

“What about the farm system? Is that better then when they got here?” - Eskin

“Uh, well uh, uh, well, after the all star break we had the fourth best Bullpen ERA in baseball.” - Middleton

It was a green thing in his teeth away from being full-on Josh Harris Colangelo PC, yes.

I guess I resigned myself to this being the norm when it was reported the front office wanted Machado and ownership wanted Harper. They're name hunting and there's no other option because people finally realized tobacco kills you.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Just watched the presser. What a bizarre display by a pro sports team.

That has to be up there with Iversons practice rant and TO doing situps in his front lawn. Not in terms of entertainment...because it was insanely boring...but just as a sheer wtf moment in philly sports.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not that is will happen, but Schilling becoming manager would make me not support the team. Which is sad and funny cause 20 years ago when I was a kid him and Rolen were my favorite players. Little did I know how much of a jackass he is.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i understand middleton's pc was garbage but what if he brings in a great manager and goes after the pitching that everyone wants and we win the world series, will that change anything? this is similar to when lurie brought back howie and hired doug, everyone was doomsdaying it and we won the super bowl.

i mean, the offseason hasnt started yet, if middleton doesnt bring in a great manager, doesnt sign free agents then it might be a different story. im not going overreact over a pc.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Two greatest Pitchers in franchise history are both Anti Semetic. Phillies Baseball!!!
Top 5 racist franchises in NA pro sports.
That same ugly stench hangs over the stadium to this day in the way those old ushers they have treat the kids that walk in there.

On the Middleton stuff I'll play devil's advocate and say he "saved" the team from being a total laughingstock by being aggressive last summer.
Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto, Segura, Kingery, McCutchen w no pitching an questionablebullpen is better than

Hoskins, Kingery, Franco, whatever and the same pitching.

7 years of poor drafting and development. This is the end result.

Reactions: Jtown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad