Proposal: Philadelphia--Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
If I'm the Habs, I'm strongly considering that offer, no matter if it's a 2nd or Desharnais (would prefer Desharnais). Losing McCarron would surely stinks, but for three years of Simmonds at less than $4.0m per...hell, that's a price I would be willing to pay. As for Juulsen, I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but he's no untouchable, especially after the addition of Sergachev (I know, one's righty, the other one's a lefty...but fact is we already have Subban and Petry on the right side, signed long term).

Not sure I see why Philly would do it though. Are you a Flyers fan ?

I dont think Flyers would do it. I post a similar proposal earlier today and all Flyers fans refuse

But yes Montreal should do that. Its not even a head scratcher. Very good trade for the Habs

Actually my offer was even better, I was even willing to give them our 2017 first pick to get Simmonds.

We desesperatly need help in our top 6. Giving picks and prospects away wouldnt make me lose sleep at night

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What? Kane has a higher PPG than Simmonds (all while being younger). I agree about the baggage, but Kane is a better hockey player.

Evander Kane better than Wayne Simmonds? In what dimension?

Simmonds has had basically 5x 50 point seasons in a row now, hovers right around 30 goals per 82 game pace and also outpaced Kane in each of the last 4 seasons.

2012-13:

Simmonds: 58pt pace
Kane: 56pt pace

2013-14:

Simmonds: 60pt pace
Kane: 53pt pace

2014-15:

Simmonds: 55pt pace
Kane: 49pt pace

2015-16:

Simmonds: 61pt pace
Kane: 44pt pace

Also, people talk about Simmer 'feasting on the PP' but when you compare their 5v5 P/60 since the start of 2012-13:

Simmonds: 1.69
Kane: 1.49

And that is without bringing the fact Simmonds is a stand up guy who is the epitome of professional off ice, and is well loved by his team-mates and a locker-room leader to, well... Evander Kane.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Trading Patches for Simmonds would be a huge mistake on the Habs part.That i know.

Maybe it would be. But to compare my proposal to a Price/ Clarkson its just plain stupid. I like to argue and exchange opinions. I dont think I have the absolute truth.

But to come and here to say such idiotic stuff, I mean whats the point. Tell me you are against it but with well written opinion and arguments.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
If I'm the Habs, I'm strongly considering that offer, no matter if it's a 2nd or Desharnais (would prefer Desharnais). Losing McCarron would surely stinks, but for three years of Simmonds at less than $4.0m per...hell, that's a price I would be willing to pay. As for Juulsen, I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but he's no untouchable, especially after the addition of Sergachev (I know, one's righty, the other one's a lefty...but fact is we already have Subban and Petry on the right side, signed long term).

No a Habs fan.
The offer was actually made by Hockeypete49 a Flyer fan.
He said he had no interest in trading Simmond but this is what it would take for him.

I just changed the 2nd to DD.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Actually i think maybe a deal based around this seems plausible.
Change the 2nd rd to some cap going back from the Habs end.
While DD isn't something that you need i think he replaces the 2nd rd pick.
After this season he's gone anyways.
So
To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
D.Desharnais,

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds
Robert Hagg
Have to see what the other Flyer and Hab fans have to say about this.

It's bad for Philly. It gives us a depth player(who I do like), a top 9 player who might be top 6 so easy, a RHD who would be 5th on our D prospect depth chart....and that's without including a Ghost and Gudas who just re-signed. Oh, and who had concussion issues and an awful year this year. Then you added a cap dump. Thanks

I would not trade Simmonds for that deal, let alone adding Hagg.

I only move Simmonds if it's an overpay of GOOD players where Philly loses the deal short term, but win the deal long term. Other teams would easily beat this offer if we made a Simminds available.

No, he is not a Flyers fan

Trading Patches for Simmonds would be a huge mistake on the Habs part.That i know.

MaxP>Simmonds....agreed. But there are Flyers fans who would rather Simmonds and his play style rather than MaxP.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
It's bad for Philly. It gives us a depth player(who I do like), a top 9 player who might be top 6 so easy, a RHD who would be 5th on our D prospect depth chart....and that's without including a Ghost and Gudas who just re-signed. Oh, and who had concussion issues and an awful year this year. Then you added a cap dump. Thanks

I only move Simmonds if it's an overpay of GOOD players where Philly loses the deal short term, but win the deal long term. Other teams would easily beat this offer if we made a Simminds available.

MaxP>Simmonds....agreed. But there are Flyers fans who would rather Simmonds and his play style rather than MaxP.

Not being interested is understandable.
I was just replying to a Flyer fan who made the proposal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Evander Kane better than Wayne Simmonds? In what dimension?

Simmonds has had basically 5x 50 point seasons in a row now, hovers right around 30 goals per 82 game pace and also outpaced Kane in each of the last 4 seasons.

2012-13:

Simmonds: 58pt pace
Kane: 56pt pace

2013-14:

Simmonds: 60pt pace
Kane: 53pt pace

2014-15:

Simmonds: 55pt pace
Kane: 49pt pace

2015-16:

Simmonds: 61pt pace
Kane: 44pt pace

Also, people talk about Simmer 'feasting on the PP' but when you compare their 5v5 P/60 since the start of 2012-13:

Simmonds: 1.69
Kane: 1.49

And that is without bringing the fact Simmonds is a stand up guy who is the epitome of professional off ice, and is well loved by his team-mates and a locker-room leader to, well... Evander Kane.

Thank you Appleyard as I missed that comment back to me. Glad to have you back posting!

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016

Im a Habs fan, and because of his style and the way he plays. I would prefer to have Simmonds then Max Pac in my team. But seems like im pretty alone in my camp

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Im a Habs fan, and because of his style and the way he plays. I would prefer to have Simmonds then Max Pac in my team. But seems like im pretty alone in my camp

Oh I know you are...was referring to Jacks.

Side note: what happened to McCarron this year...anyone watch him and know?

First 21 games....20 points.
Next 37 games...18 points.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Oh I know you are...was referring to Jacks.

Side note: what happened to McCarron this year...anyone watch him and know?

First 21 games....20 points.
Next 37 games...18 points.

Not sure where you're getting these stats from ?

McCarron played 20 games at NHL level. Didn't get a lot of points (1 g, 1 a) but did fairly well in my opinion, and didn't look out of place most nights (he's still young). His skatting his still sub-par, but he showed higher hockey IQ than I thought, and really brought something the Habs needed in the physical aspect of the game.

Some are talking about untapped offensive potential...I still don't quite see it. I don't think he'll ever be a top-6, at least not at center. He might have a chance as a winger, but that's a big might until proved otherwise for me.

Still, he sure can become a true asset as a third line forward in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh...I get where you're getting these stats from now, nevermind. :)
Can't say honestly, don't watch the Ice Caps enough to help you on that.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Philly doesn't want/need DD.

Habs just drafted Sergachev to be Markov's replacement, we're not trading him.

Philly doesn't need Sergachev, they already have Provorov, who brings a very similar skill-set to the table. Along with Ghost, Sanheim, and Hagg, and Philly's top-4 is set for the next decade.

Philly declines.

Montreal counters with Juulsen instead of Sergachev.

Philly declines again.

Both GMs say good talk and hang up.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No interest whatsoever from my perspective. And Philly is literally the LAST team that would need Sergachev.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Something being part of the 1% is a good thing. I never really follow the mass as you can see.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).â€
― Mark Twain

And after pausing and reflecting the obvious is still clear. Pacioretty is easily better than Simmonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->