Proposal: Philadelphia--Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
My man I hope you are feeling better now but after I say this you might feel a little sicker. To get Simmer off our hands it is going to cost you because he is the best player going either way. My excuse is I am on heavy meds so bare with me. What do you think along the lines of

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds
Michael Del Zotto or Robert Hagg

To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
2017 2nd round pick

So my Habs friend what do you think?
PS remember I do not want to move Simmer at all.

That's pretty terrible for the Habs. It's up there with Leafs fans asking for the 9th OV for JVR (with some asking for a + at that).

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
My man I hope you are feeling better now but after I say this you might feel a little sicker. To get Simmer off our hands it is going to cost you because he is the best player going either way. My excuse is I am on heavy meds so bare with me. What do you think along the lines of

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds

To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
2017 2nd round pick

Habs fan here and I would love Bergevin to do that deal

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
I don't think leadership can be explained for your season. I didn't watch the team as much as you did, but losing arguably the best player in the league is brutal.

I feel there is really a problem between Paccio and Subban. And last year proved me that Paccio during a big storm ( the lost of Price ) was not able to keep the boat afloat.

Sure without Price we are not the same team but we went from the best to the absolute worst. No leadership whatsoever in that locker room

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That's pretty terrible for the Habs. It's up there with Leafs fans asking for the 9th OV for JVR (with some asking for a + at that).

One year of Lucic (who was not on as good a deal in first place) brought:

#13 Overall pick
Martin Jones (proven backup at the time, later flipped for 1st rounder + marginal prospect)
Colin Miller (L.A's best D prospect at time, NHL ready, played at All-Star level in AHL, toolsy as hell, realistic #4 potential)

Anyone who wants Simmonds will have to pay... and that Lucic deal would be the becnhmark for it. The fact his contract is one of the best in the NHL means people would likely have to add more value compared to Lucic.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Something being part of the 1% is a good thing. I never really follow the mass as you can see.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).â€
― Mark Twain

Carey Price and/Or Pacioretty for Clarkson.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I feel there is really a problem between Paccio and Subban. And last year proved me that Paccio during a big storm ( the lost of Price ) was not able to keep the boat afloat.

Sure without Price we are not the same team but we went from the best to the absolute worst. No leadership whatsoever in that locker room

Honestly, it almost seems like MT did a good job just getting that team to .500. I know everyone calls for his head, but I don't think that team, on paper, should have did as well as they did. They did have that great start and wouldn't have been at .500 without it, but they should have been worse than they were.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Carey Price and/Or Pacioretty for Clarkson.

I get it you dont like me cuz we think differently.

But your proposal its just plain stupid. Atleast mine hold some value

And I give explanations why I would do the trade.

You just come to disrespect and are not even able to bring an argument to the table. What are you doing on HF seriously?

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Honestly, it almost seems like MT did a good job just getting that team to .500. I know everyone calls for his head, but I don't think that team, on paper, should have did as well as they did. They did have that great start and wouldn't have been at .500 without it, but they should have been worse than they were.

Not really agreeing with you here. MT did a terrible job. Had we have a good coach , I think we would have made the playoffs even with the worst goalies tandem in the league.

MT was still giving qualities ice time to DD over Galchenyuk. It took an injury to DD for MT to finally realise that Galchenyuk was creating more offense than DD. If MT would have use Galchenyuk the right way from the start of the season, I think we would have been in the playoffs. Not that we would have go very far without Price though

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
One year of Lucic (who was not on as good a deal in first place) brought:

#13 Overall pick
Martin Jones (proven backup at the time, later flipped for 1st rounder + marginal prospect)
Colin Miller (L.A's best D prospect at time, NHL ready, played at All-Star level in AHL, toolsy as hell, realistic #4 potential)

Anyone who wants Simmonds will have to pay... and that Lucic deal would be the becnhmark for it. The fact his contract is one of the best in the NHL means people would likely have to add more value compared to Lucic.

You're heavily overrating the package Lucic got.

Anyway, I'd rather go after E. Kane if that's the price for Simmonds.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Not really agreeing with you here. MT did a terrible job. Had we have a good coach , I think we would have made the playoffs even with the worst goalies tandem in the league.

MT was still giving qualities ice time to DD over Galchenyuk. It took an injury to DD for MT to finally realise that Galchenyuk was creating more offense than DD. If MT would have use Galchenyuk the right way from the start of the season, I think we would have been in the playoffs. Not that we would have go very far without Price though

What I was getting at was that the team could have been a basement dweller without Price, but weren't. MT isn't why, something else must have went kind of right. I disagree that they would have been a playoff team team with the worst goalie tandem. Patches still had a 30 goal season and played a good two way game.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Something being part of the 1% is a good thing. I never really follow the mass as you can see.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).â€
― Mark Twain

And after pausing and reflecting the obvious is still clear. Pacioretty is easily better than Simmonds.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

At the time those assets were moved compared to the value of the Montreal assets now I would say:

#13 OA ~= McCarron
Jones > Juulsen
Miller >/= De La Rose

There is a 2nd rounder on top... but Hockeypete also added in MDZ or Hagg too.

The value seems pretty fair tbh going off the Lucic deal.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

The only thing that has been proven here is that you do not have a clue about what is happening behind closed doors and you grossly over rate the impact of one player.

Therrien is the main problem......end of story.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
The only thing that has been proven here is that you do not have a clue about what is happening behind closed doors and you grossly over rate the impact of one player.

Therrien is the main problem......end of story.

That is not even up to debate. MT should have already been canned.

Worst debacle in Mtl history and we will still have to deal with incompetent MT next season.

Bergevin makes some very strange decisions to say the least

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016

I talked about Kane in another thread. If he come cheap because of his off ice problem. I would take a chance with him

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Then enjoy going after Kane, his police records, issues with teammates, injuries etc... Sorry if Simmonds doesn't come with that baggage. We will easily keep our 30 goal scorer and 60 point guy.

Kane is a tier lower AND will be much easier to trade for. He has talent, just no character. With Habs fans talking about leadership issues, what could go wrong.

:laugh:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
At the time those assets were moved compared to the value of the Montreal assets now I would say:

#13 OA ~= McCarron
Jones > Juulsen
Miller >/= De La Rose

There is a 2nd rounder on top... but Hockeypete also added in MDZ or Hagg too.

The value seems pretty fair tbh going off the Lucic deal.

And there it is...

I wouldn't trade McCarron for that 13th OA; the goalie market is saturated - the Kings didn't get much for Bernier. Hell, Bryzgalov (when he was good) was waived and picked up by the Yotes. Because the Sharks gave up value for him doesn't change that.

We don't need MDZ or Hagg, btw. You can expect an overpayment for Simmonds, but it's not gonna come from our GM.

Then enjoy going after Kane, his police records, issues with teammates, injuries etc... Sorry if Simmonds doesn't come with that baggage. We will easily keep our 30 goal scorer and 60 point guy.

Kane is a tier lower AND will be much easier to trade for. He has talent, just no character. With Habs fans talking about leadership issues, what could go wrong.

:laugh:

What? Kane has a higher PPG than Simmonds (all while being younger). I agree about the baggage, but Kane is a better hockey player.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I get it you dont like me cuz we think differently.

But your proposal its just plain stupid. Atleast mine hold some value

Nope.

And is that so? Is you're proposal is that much better than mine?

I mean, the main problem of the Habs is that they can't score to save their lives.

And you suggest trading what is, by far, our best consistant goal scorer.

Which doesn't make any sense.

There's 3 player that the Habs can't afford to trade, unless it's for a stupid package:
Carey Price, PK Subban and Max Pacioretty.

Now, I'm not a fan of MP, but I know what he can do, and as much as I like Simmonds, 'can't trade him for Patches.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds

To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
2017 2nd round pick

Actually i think maybe a deal based around this seems plausible.
Change the 2nd rd to some cap going back from the Habs end.
While DD isn't something that you need i think he replaces the 2nd rd pick.
After this season he's gone anyways.
So
To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
D.Desharnais,

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds
Robert Hagg
Have to see what the other Flyer and Hab fans have to say about this.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
What I saw from last year. I saw Subban tried to regroup the team. Being friendly and cheering for Paccio. Paccio gave him the stinky eyes in front of everybody. It was such an awkward reaction and you could tell theres was animosity in the Locker room. I think Subban has no problems with Paccio but I think Paccio really dislike Subban.

Im new and not very good with computer. I would love to find and post that video I saw . Im not psychoanalyst or anything like that. But when I saw it , I truly felt bad for Subban. He wanted to fist pump Paccio and was screaming to motivate the team. And Paccio was taping his hockey not even aknowledging Subban and not participating at all in the locker room dynamic

Did anyone esle saw the video I am talking about?

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Nope.

And is that so? Is you're proposal is that much better than mine?

I mean, the main problem of the Habs is that they can't score to save their lives.

And you suggest trading what is, by far, our best consistant goal scorer.

Which doesn't make any sense.

There's 3 player that the Habs can't afford to trade, unless it's for a stupid package:
Carey Price, PK Subban and Max Pacioretty.

Now, I'm not a fan of MP, but I know what he can do, and as much as I like Simmonds, 'can't trade him for Patches.

So trading Paccio for Simmonds is as stupid as trading Price for Clarkson. Sure dude whatever you say

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Actually i think maybe a deal based around this seems plausible.
Change the 2nd rd to some cap going back from the Habs end.
While DD isn't something that you need i think he replaces the 2nd rd pick.
After this season he's gone anyways.
So
To Flyers:
Jacob De La Rose
Michael McCarron
Noah Juulsen
D.Desharnais,

To Habs:
Wayne Simmonds
Robert Hagg
Have to see what the other Flyer and Hab fans have to say about this.

If I'm the Habs, I'm strongly considering that offer, no matter if it's a 2nd or Desharnais (would prefer Desharnais). Losing McCarron would surely stinks, but for three years of Simmonds at less than $4.0m per...hell, that's a price I would be willing to pay. As for Juulsen, I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but he's no untouchable, especially after the addition of Sergachev (I know, one's righty, the other one's a lefty...but fact is we already have Subban and Petry on the right side, signed long term).

Not sure I see why Philly would do it though. Are you a Flyers fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad