Proposal: Philadelphia-Montréal

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Perhaps if the Habs added JDLR, another high pick pick, and maybe Lehkonen? But that is insane and will never happen.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Philly:
Giroux
Simmonds

Montreal:
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Sergachev
1st

Philly drafts Hischier to replace Giroux (long-term), gets quality wingers to replace Simmonds. The new team core will make Philly a contender in 2-3 years.

Montreal gets a real chance to win while they still have Pacioretty, Price and Weber at their prime.

This have a flavor of Carter/ Richards trades that rocked the team and the fan base.

However, Roo is not Mike, and Simmer definitely not Carter.

The motives for those trades were much different than just getting younger, and I believe, the return was more substantial.

With Roo and Simmer being "good cop/ bad cop" :) leaders of this team I would not pull that trigger.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Would rather wait and see how next years club responds to the influx of young defensemen. If we suck again, rebuild the forward group at the deadline and next draft. I've been waiting a long time, I'd wait longer if it meant not sending G and Simmonds to Montreal.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Philly:
Giroux
Simmonds

Montreal:
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Sergachev
1st

Philly drafts Hischier to replace Giroux (long-term), gets quality wingers to replace Simmonds. The new team core will make Philly a contender in 2-3 years.

Montreal gets a real chance to win while they still have Pacioretty, Price and Weber at their prime.

You could do better moving G and Simmer in separate deals with other teams so as is I pass.
PS I am not looking to trade either player.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The bottom line is, if you want the team's best all-around player (and captain) AND the team's best goal scorer (and probably heart and soul of the team), you are going to have to pay out the ass. Two worse versions of those players, a defensive prospect, and a first round pick is not an overpayment.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Montreal just makes a terrible trade partner for us. We have what they want, they don't have what we want. Also, and most importantly to me, there is something wrong with that dressing room, just like there used to be in Edmonton - Patches is definitely part of it, but we don't know who else is. I don't want their stank on our fresh new players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad