OT: Philadelphia Liberty Minor AIHL Nat'l Championship

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Mods, before I get into my post please delete this if it goes against site policy, and my apologies for using your time.

Let me introduce our cause first of all. I'm a member of the AIHL roller hockey team the Philadelphia Liberty, playing out of the Northeast Racquet Club (NERC). Our Minor team is in it's first season together, and the boys worked really hard this year. Hard enough that we were able to win the Mid Atlantic division and earn an invitation to Nationals in Las Vegas.

As most of you know hockey is an expensive sport, even roller, and cross country trips are not cheap. Another thing most of you know is that hockey fans and players are a special breed of people, almost familial. With that said we humbly ask that if anyone would like to make a donation to help us afford this trip, it would be greatly appreciated. Our costs include air fair, hotel expenses, and a U-Haul rental to transport all of our gear.

We have a site set up for secure donations, where you can be named or remain anonymous. Any amount big or small makes a difference, and we appreciate support. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Mike

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
This is the site: http://www.gofundme.com/cic2f8?pc=tw_u

We will also be holding a drawing for all donations made, that gives you an opportunity to double your donation. IE- if you donate $10 and win, you will win $20.

Again, thank you for your consideration, go Flyers!

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
It's much appreciated PALE PWNR. It's going to be a great experience for the young guys on the roster.

Also for anyone in the Philly area familiar with NERC or Sportsplex in Feasterville, we are going to be organizing an Iron Man tournament for fundraising. Still working out the details but if anyone is interested please respond here or PM me. Thanks again for the support and time everyone!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's much appreciated PALE PWNR. It's going to be a great experience for the young guys on the roster.

Also for anyone in the Philly area familiar with NERC or Sportsplex in Feasterville, we are going to be organizing an Iron Man tournament for fundraising. Still working out the details but if anyone is interested please respond here or PM me. Thanks again for the support and time everyone!

I played at Sportsplex for 10 years with the Rebels and I just moved to NERC this past summer. I play on Revere HC in the Weeknight Bronze league. We finished 8-1-1 then lost in the 1st round to the Rebels (different Rebels).

I'm also friends with some of the Philly Liberty. What's your name?

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I'm Mike, the short goalie on minors haha. Rebels at plex, we're you guys the red and white team? I may have filled in for you once or twice but don't quote me.
Edit:who do you know on Lib btw?

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm Mike, the short goalie on minors haha. Rebels at plex, we're you guys the red and white team? I may have filled in for you once or twice but don't quote me.
Edit:who do you know on Lib btw?

Yeah we wore red and white. I was (at plex)/am (at nerc) captain of the squad. I think I know who you are lol.

As for Liberty, I know Anthony Merrigan, Jeff Moore, Mike Malvestuto, and Ryan Sobieski..four of the best roller-hockey players I have ever played with/against for sure.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Haha, yeah the pro guys. Ant actually coaches our minor squad. Once I get the Iron Man details I'll post them here if you and your team wanna head out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Haha, yeah the pro guys. Ant actually coaches our minor squad. Once I get the Iron Man details I'll post them here if you and your team wanna head out.

Thanks and good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad