GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00pm on CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Was checking the hockey scoreboard at CBS, Tampa beating up on Buffalo will sweep them back to back.

Then I saw that Conner Brown has 12 points for the Ottawa Senators, albeit only 2 goals. But 12 points?

The Ottawa Senators have played 15 games so far, and are 3-3 in their last 6, so slowly they are trying to turn it around to be a competitive team.

Which Leafs have more than 12 points other than Marner, Matthews and Rielly? (I'm assuming they passed that already, not going to check)

:dunce:
Sabres doing Sabre things after October

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
You can make the case Kerfoot has outplayed Kadri this season, and when you factor in Kadri's play last year as 3rd C, Kerfoot has been much better.
As a player, Kadri is better, but as a fit, it's been Kerfoot, and I think the fit has had higher value then the player evaluation, so based on that, I take Kerfoot.
I expect Barrie to improve as well.
Totally agree 100%

Reactions: stickty111

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I actually want him to get less friendly usage and take over some of Riellys minutes on the PK second unit.

We really dont know what the doctors want either though. Every time theres been an injured player coming in since Babcock took over, it's never really been in his hands anyways and hes made complaints about it.

This just seems so minor to be discussing though. The team goes 3-0-1 since his return and we're arguing about his usage?

Maybe it's just me seeing another way to attack Babcock here though. They could win tonight with Dermott getting extra minutes and scoring the game winner and we'll see the same folks attacking him for another issue and not giving him a shred of praise.

It's just so much white noise to me now.

So many looking for problems and, of course, finding them.

If you want him to take tough minutes he needs to play, sitting on his ass isn't making him fitter or more game hardened

Ah yes, the old you hate Babcock trope that a certain section of the fan base defaults to when there isn't a decent explanation for what he's thinking

Heads up, I don't want Babcock fired but playing Dermott for 9 minutes while riding the crap out of Rielly who wasn't practicing because of a potential injury is dumb unless Dermott still has a problem and then I ask why he's even playing at all

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Boston lost again. A win tonight is 4 in a row and 1 point back of the Bruins. 2 more GP's though.

Still a solid place to be in considering the up and down nature of the leafs start to the season.

Reactions: mcleex

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is a very quiet GDT for a Hockey night in Canada on CBC game. Where is everyone?

the game hasn't even started and there is already whining in the thread this after a 3 game winning streak

there is always whining about either marner, matthews, nylander, babcock, etc... you name it

it is starting to get a little tiresome and not so enjoyable in teh GDTs so I guess people stop following it until the game starts so that they can comment on the game and ignore all the BS

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
There is nothing in either of those articles that says Dubas tried to fire Babcock other than Feschuk and Simmons, a pair of proven liars, mentioning their "sources"...remember Kessel and Hot Dog Gate? If you are going to take the words of those two miscreants as fact then I don't think you know what the word fact actually means.

Reactions: rubous

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
This is a lovely tribute to our veterans. I'm not crying you are crying
Yeah.

To think, in less than 10 years there will likely be nobody left alive that first hand fought/lived through world war 2. These are the last few times we'll see actual living world war 2 veterans.

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->