Philadelphia Flyers DVD

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Are there any fights in any of the games?

Game 2 1974 Finals - Schultz & O'Reilly

Dec 22, 1979 - Flyers defeat Bruins for their 29th game without a loss (only regular season game included)

M. Bridgeman & R. Bourque
P. Holmgren & J. Wensink
B. Wilson & S. Jonathan

I think that's it in terms of fighting.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
Not even close. Flyers completely dominated the Soviets. In terms of excitemente, it's probably the least exciting.

Being in the middle of the cold war, just what it meant though to the city, the Flyers fans and more importantly, U.S. hockey fans. The Flyers were hated in those days being the broad street bullies but everyone was pulling for them. It was a great story. It was an exciting game in terms of all the early hitting and the punishment the Flyers gave to the Red Army. Also, the emotion the players showed when they scored was almost that of a playoff game. I loved watching that game.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
It's the first time I have seen that game and I thought it was excellent. I can't believe how terrible the Soviets looked. If it wasn't for Tretiak the score could have easily been 8-1. No matter what the Soviets didn't want to dump the puck in.

I still think the Broad Street Bullies do not get the respect they deserve. No team ever dominated the Red Army like that.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I still think the Broad Street Bullies do not get the respect they deserve. No team ever dominated the Red Army like that.

The Flyers of those days sometimes get shortchanged I agree. The honest truth is that they were great teams.

By the way I'm just wondering how to get that DVD. I've been looking for it (not too hard) but am not sure how to order it. Any help?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Being in the middle of the cold war, just what it meant though to the city, the Flyers fans and more importantly, U.S. hockey fans. The Flyers were hated in those days being the broad street bullies but everyone was pulling for them. It was a great story. It was an exciting game in terms of all the early hitting and the punishment the Flyers gave to the Red Army. Also, the emotion the players showed when they scored was almost that of a playoff game. I loved watching that game.

It was extremely exciting because of the tieme and circmstances, but if you're justgoing back to watch the games now, it's the only one where ot's not close. Complete domination by the Flyers

For those that don't know, here are the 10 games.

Game 2 1974 Finals - Dupont ties it with the goalie pulled, Clarke wins it in OT to give the Flyers home-ice

Game 6 1974 Finals - Parent shutsout the Orr/Espo Bruins to clinch the Cup 1-0.

Game 6 1975 Finals - Parent Shutsout the Sabres 2-0 to clinch the 1975 Cup

Soviets 1976 - Flyers dismantle the Soviest 4-1 in a game that wasn't that close, showing who was the best hockey team on the planet.

Dec 22, 1979 Flyers - Bruins - Flyers defeat the Bruins in the Garden for their 29th consecutive game without a loss, breaking a record set by the Habs

Game 3 1985 Patrick Division Quarters - Tim Kerr scores 4 goals in under 9 minutes, as the Flyers defeat the Ranger 6-5 to sweep the Rangers

Game 6 1987 Finals - Prop and Daigneault score late as the Flyers force a game 7 in Edmonton

Game 4 2000 East Semi's - Boucher gives up a goal on the first shot of the game and then shuts the door, until Primeau wins it deep into the 5th OT

Game 6 2004 East Semi's - Roenick beats Belfour in OT to eliminate the Leafs 3-2

Game 6 2004 East Finals - Primeau scores late to tie it, Gagne wins it in OT to force a 7th game.

10 disc's over 1,200 minutes, all games shown in their entirety
http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2524938&cp=1919749&clickid=body_bestsell_img

Last edited:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Best team on the planet? That Flyer squad didn't even win the Cup that year.:dunno:

At theat time they were the best team on the planet. Two time defending Stanley Cup Champs and soundly defeated the Soviets.

MacLeish and Parent, two of the Flyers four most important players did not participate in the playoffs.

As of January 1976 the Flyers were the best team on the planet ... five moths later the Habs took over that title in May of 1976 ...

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Those games were voted on by the fans for inclusion-the one snub is the Flyers-Sens fight game where they set the record for PIM in the same night the 10,000th goal in franchise history was scored. Had it been one of the voting options, it would be on there for sure.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Those games were voted on by the fans for inclusion-the one snub is the Flyers-Sens fight game where they set the record for PIM in the same night the 10,000th goal in franchise history was scored. Had it been one of the voting options, it would be on there for sure.

It never should have come down to a fan's vote and as much fun as that Ottawa game was, it was still just a regular season game.

The are other games that should have been included:

Poulin scoring two men short coupled with a Lindbergh shutout to eliminate the Nordiques, 1985.

and

Reggie Leach scoring 5 times in game 5 to eliminate the Bruins, 1976.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad