OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Well, it wasn't/isn't the plan, but it wouldn't be the worst thing.

He really wasn't that bad. We just are eager to get Dillard in. If this year taught us anything, it's that depth is super important so if he wants to stay and can play: figure out out, Howie.

assume he takes a slight pay cut...bring him back at 7..8 million or let him walk for savings and go cheaper..figure they will bring him back due to loyalty depending on a good price

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Can't put any more money/premium assets into DT, so it's not even worth discussing. They definitely need EDGEs. Miller would be a pleasant surprise to even be a rotational guy. Sweat is only that. Barnett is a mediocre starter. Hopefully Hall is a situational guy.

You probably have one more year before Kelce retires. Two if you're lucky. Dillard's going to play. The right side is locked in. I would guess additions there are cheap/depth ones.
Malik Jackson hopefully will be useful on his return. High hopes still there for me. If Timmy J doesn't get a better contract I'd bring him back again. Still useful.

I agree about OL depth and cheap/depth plans. Seem to always find someone with a lower pick. A long term center understudy would be prudent here. Also...see if mailata had anything.

If be shocked if SOMEONE doesn't give Vaitai more money than we want to give.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I could maybe buy that he didn't do it on purpose - where it was one of those situations that you go to hit a guy in one place and that part of his body isn't there anymore and is replaced by his head as he is falling to the ground. Maybe. But it shouldn't matter at all - it was a head-to-head bullet shot. They blew it hard. You can't tell me that the league truly, deep down, is taking head injuries any more seriously than they ever have. It sure looks like lip service to me, and that is simply ****ing criminal and typical corporate behavior.
he rotated his head to make a shot. "Heads up" tackle and he still makes the play.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wentz isn't injury "prone". It's a dumb narrative people throw out there because he was hurt during your SB run. He got bonked on the head which could send literally any player down the tunnel.

Sorry about the Clowney hit guys. It should have been called, although I'm not convinced it was malicious/intentional... it was still a hit that should have resulted in a penalty.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
This is a real response in the Football forums of this site:

What are you on about? We see 10 hits a game that are worse than that. It was completely clean and it would be outrageous and laughable for there to be a flag on such a minor hit.

Wentz is too brittle for the NFL. Simple as that.​

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Wentz isn't injury "prone". It's a dumb narrative people throw out there because he was hurt during your SB run. He got bonked on the head which could send literally any player down the tunnel.

Sorry about the Clowney hit guys. It should have been called, although I'm not convinced it was malicious/intentional... it was still a hit that should have resulted in a penalty.
Neuvirth is injury prone. Pulled muscle after pulled muscle. Strain after strain.

Crunching your leg between 2 dudes causing you to blow your knee out and getting a concussion from a cheap shot are not injuries that beget the "injury prone" moniker.

Anyone who says so is a numpty

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Neuvirth is injury prone. Pulled muscle after pulled muscle. Strain after strain.

Crunching your leg between 2 dudes causing you to blow your knee out and getting a concussion from a cheap shot are not injuries that beget the "injury prone" moniker.

Anyone who says so is a numpty
Wentz also missed the final 3 games last season with a back injury.

probably important for him to try to avoid contact as much as possible going forward.

saw a classic example from Wilson today. Only hit he truly took today outside the pocket was after he swerved past Bradham for the first down and Jenkins then tackled him. Slid well before any defender could even think of tackling him. There was a pass action to Lynch in the 4th and Wilson ran up the middle but there were eagles right there so he slid right about a the LOS. Lived to play the next play and make up for the extra yard to two that he missed out on by giving himself up early.

the play today, he took a deep drop but nothing was open. He moved to his right and I believe he got outside the tackle box. Mcdougal had outside containment on him.

In the future the best option for Wentz should then be to move to the right and throw the ball out of bounds. Even without the Clowney hit, the contact from McDougal was enough to bring him down short of the LOS and thus resulted in a sack and negative play.

Reactions: JXC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->