OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The latest in a growing line of football players to say "it isn't worth it playing on this ****ty team"

I think it may be the health concerns more than that - the concussion/knee replacement/hip replacement stories may be getting through all the meathead football jargon finally. Not JJ Watt, though - he'll still be thumping his chest when he's 65.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I think it may be the health concerns more than that - the concussion/knee replacement/hip replacement stories may be getting through all the meathead football jargon finally. Not JJ Watt, though - he'll still be thumping his chest when he's 65.
In my defense I was tying that in to my statement of "not worth it" i.e. putting your body on the line for 5 wins a year. But you wouldn't know that because you're not in my head. And if you are, I feel sorry for you. If you aren't, don't try, believe me

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Holy hell. That might be the best player to retire early yet. Good for the guy if he wants to though.

Best, not most valuable.
I think he needs to get out now. He's taken so many shots. I really, really like watching him play, but you want a guy like that to have a life outside of football. I'm sure he'll have a lot of opportunities to stay in the game if he wants.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think what we're all losing sight of here is that Kuechly may be retiring, but @Hollywood Couturier 's favorite player Jason Peters is not. In fact, he may never retire, as long as you don't count the second halves of games or seasons.

What HC would say to that is that Jake Fromm is just getting started, so there is a kind of trade-off. Who is that other ****er, Nate Gerry? Is he retiring soon?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think what we're all losing sight of here is that Kuechly may be retiring, but @Hollywood Couturier 's favorite player Jason Peters is not. In fact, he may never retire, as long as you don't count the second halves of games or seasons.

Assault.

That’s the real reason I want Chip Kelly back. So Jason Peters can quit on him and his team again. It’s the only way to rid this franchise of that bum.

Chip is the hero we need and deserve.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nether has Marcus Mariota though, the heartbeat of the NFL

tenor.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Last week Hawaiian McCoy was wide open on that trick play. You might be onto something about bringing him in...as a receiver.

Why you gotta be so mean?

Kuechly is one of the last guys I’d expect to retire early. That’s crazy.

I’m not really surprised by it at all. Guy has had his bell rung way too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->