OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t doubt Brady is a good football mind but I’d still be concerned with a one year sample with historic QB play & the fact by all accounts he isn’t the play caller there.

Prior to this year he was a GA at Penn State for two years & an offense assistant with the Saints the following two years. He’s on a historic rise through the coaching ranks.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The one minor concern I had about Rhule just got obliterated. They're going to be scary with a QB.

Yeah I’m not like trying to dump on the guy if either of my teams would have hired him I would have been optimistic even if there was some caution in there for reasons stated above.

His stock is white hot right now & I’m guessing in part he jumped ship is he set a standard there this year that just isn’t repeatable for him or anyone to replicate.

I just don’t really know how much to credit him for the success (teams will obviously have a better idea than me as just a fan from the distance) & it’s not really a large sample to draw from. He’s still absolutely worth the gamble but I can understand even from NFL teams if there’s some pause there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is he being hired as an OC?

Carolina makes sense. Most of the appeal in being an OC is playcalling. You're not going to be a primary playcaller here, which is why my expectations are tempered for the next OC.

I’d imagine so. I wouldn’t really see the point of leaving LSU if he was just going to be a position coach.

His official titles at LSU was WR Coach/Passing Game Coordinator. But I’d imagine that was going to change with his extension there for next year. Steve Ensminger was the OC/QB Coach by titles & by most accounts the main play caller there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad