OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I could maybe buy that he didn't do it on purpose - where it was one of those situations that you go to hit a guy in one place and that part of his body isn't there anymore and is replaced by his head as he is falling to the ground. Maybe. But it shouldn't matter at all - it was a head-to-head bullet shot. They blew it hard. You can't tell me that the league truly, deep down, is taking head injuries any more seriously than they ever have. It sure looks like lip service to me, and that is simply ****ing criminal and typical corporate behavior.

They care just enough to the point where they can claim plausible deniability with regards to lawsuits. No more. No less.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I could maybe buy that he didn't do it on purpose - where it was one of those situations that you go to hit a guy in one place and that part of his body isn't there anymore and is replaced by his head as he is falling to the ground. Maybe. But it shouldn't matter at all - it was a head-to-head bullet shot. They blew it hard. You can't tell me that the league truly, deep down, is taking head injuries any more seriously than they ever have. It sure looks like lip service to me, and that is simply ****ing criminal and typical corporate behavior.

I honestly don’t really care about intention, like I’m not going dissect something like that as I really can’t.

But at the end of day it was a helmet to helmet hit with the top of Clowney’s helmet driving into the back Wentz’s head. To make matters worse Wentz’s head bounces right into the ground too for good measure.

That’s just not a good play & it obviously cost the Eagles in the highest degree today with it knocking their QB out of the game.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
We do sports wrong. Almost every year is disappointing.

We should pick one team to root against instead. Then you almost always win in the end.

wojak_05.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg
Whoever made that has serious problems.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That's asking for way too much. Even with the compensatory picks for Foles, Tate, and Hicks, which are in rounds 3, 4, 5. Playoff teams generally end up with 1, maybe 2 rookie starters. Adding mostly day 3 picks if you are trading down multiple times. Generally going to be depth or situational guys in year 1.
I said I wasn't being reasonable. That's just what they need.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Guy battled & gave what his talents could realistically give. That’s all you could ask really.
Another two good throws and maybe they win the game which would have been one of the great wins in Philly history. It’ll sting him for a while.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can't even get mad about the flag against Clowney. I just don't even care.

Wentz still would've been out for the game and the 15 yards or whatever wouldn't make a difference. Maybe a Clowney ejection would've, but even that's questionable.

I'm just a little sad.
Best case they would have thrown a 15 yard personal foul call. Clowney would not have been ejected.

Wentz needs to take a page out of Wilson's book and slide well before anyone can contact him. You saw it today on his runs. Only one when he absorbed contact was going for the 1st down and juking out Bradham on 3rd and 16 of whatever it was to get 20 yards.

Trust that you can make up for the extra yard or two that you could have gotten by sliding early on the remaining downs.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
They care just enough to the point where they can claim plausible deniability with regards to lawsuits. No more. No less.

I don’t think so. All year the refs have consistently protected QBs.

Today, the refs missed the call, they focused on the timing and missed the crown of the helmet.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Best case they would have thrown a 15 yard personal foul call. Clowney would not have been ejected.

Wentz needs to take a page out of Wilson's book and slide well before anyone can contact him. You saw it today on his runs. Only one when he absorbed contact was going for the 1st down and juking out Bradham on 3rd and 16 of whatever it was to get 20 yards.
Tend to agree. In the open field, go ahead and make a move. But when there are tons of big guys around, get down.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tend to agree. In the open field, go ahead and make a move. But when there are tons of big guys around, get down.
Wilson knows his importance to Seattle. He always slides well in advance. The extra 2 yards he could get by sliding late isn't worth the risk of injury and bringing Geno Smith into the game.

If Smith had to come into the game for Wilson like McCown did, with how ineffective Seattle was at running the ball, no chance Smith does much offensively.

Philly fan base is hard nosed, so don't know how sliding would be looked upon, but hopefully, they'd be smart enough to realize his value to the team and not boo him for doing it. Might cost the occasional first down by not going for it on a 2nd down run and getting stuffed on 3rd down, but in the long run, it will pay off.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Get ready for him to come back...

Well, it wasn't/isn't the plan, but it wouldn't be the worst thing.

He really wasn't that bad. We just are eager to get Dillard in. If this year taught us anything, it's that depth is super important so if he wants to stay and can play: figure out out, Howie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad