OT: Philadelphia Eagles: They're Going To Have To Take The Crown From Our Cold Dead Body Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I'd like to point out that even had that kick been good, Foles has yet to have a playoff game where he didn't do enough for his team to win. Not saying he was great today, nor should he be the QB for this team going forward, just that he's somehow money after week 17.

I'd also like to point out that as great as the defense was in this game through 3 quarters, they've got to find another gear if they plan on beating the Saints in New Orleans. Yeah, they're playing better as a team now, but Trubisky was hardly touched, and if you let Drew Brees go untouched he'll carve you up. He did it earlier this season, he can do it again. They sacked him 0 times back in week 11. That has to change.

Reactions: JXC

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
That's what you're taking from that game?

Why not? So many Eagles fans swear Wentz is superior and absolutely won't be traded.

Foles is now 4-0 in the playoffs. Maybe the greatest "backup" ever? And Wentz gets Philly an absolute haul of picks.

The better Foles does, the more agonizing this becomes for Roseman. Heck, going with Wentz could have unforseen effects on the locker room.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Why not? So many Eagles fans swear Wentz is superior and absolutely won't be traded.

Foles is now 4-0 in the playoffs. Maybe the greatest "backup" ever? And Wentz gets Philly an absolute haul of picks.

The better Foles does, the more agonizing this becomes for Roseman. Heck, going with Wentz could have unforseen effects on the locker room.
Foles threw 2 picks this game and had a couple more questionable throws. Nick is good QB and a way better person, but he's not this teams future.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I'd like to point out that even had that kick been good, Foles has yet to have a playoff game where he didn't do enough for his team to win. Not saying he was great today, nor should he be the QB for this team going forward, just that he's somehow money after week 17.

I'd also like to point out that as great as the defense was in this game through 3 quarters, they've got to find another gear if they plan on beating the Saints in New Orleans. Yeah, they're playing better as a team now, but Trubisky was hardly touched, and if you let Drew Brees go untouched he'll carve you up. He did it earlier this season, he can do it again. They sacked him 0 times back in week 11. That has to change.
yep. It was fun today...but if the bears can't run...theyve had issues all year. We are really good vs the run. Glad Jernigan is back.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
cutting Wentz is a bit extreme.
tenor.gif

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

They HAVE to get better pressure than this game. It was really really bad today

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't think you can cut Wentz. I know there are concerns about him maybe being injury prone now, but even if BDN finds a way to make it happen again, if you can find the money to keep both of them, you do it.

Reactions: JXC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->