OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Super Bowl LIII Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
****ing Pats..will they never die? They are great and the best dynasty ever, still irritating as **** though. Lol

Go Rams!

Nothing lasts forever. Brady’s going to be 42 next season. It’s basically just a waiting game at this point for him.

I don’t know what Belichick will do as he’ll be 67 & when Brady goes I don’t think it’s realistic for him to assuredly find another QB to fill a gap that quickly.

It’s really no different than Saban in college. Their demise has been greatly exaggerated before so it’s basically no matter what a trend might lead you to believe you actually have to see fully through to the end.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Nothing lasts forever. Brady’s going to be 42 next season. It’s basically just a waiting game at this point for him.

I don’t know what Belichick will do as he’ll be 67 & when Brady goes I don’t think it’s realistic for him to assuredly find another QB to fill a gap that quickly.

It’s really no different than Saban in college. Their demise has been greatly exaggerated before so it’s basically no matter what a trend might lead you to believe you actually have to see fully through to the end.

For sure. It will end, I really thought KC was going to win this game.

Without looking at his numbers, doesn't Reid suck in big games? Should have factored that in.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For sure. It will end, I really thought KC was going to win this game.

Without looking at his numbers, doesn't Reid suck in big games? Should have factored that in.

He’s 1-5 in Conference Championships & 0-1 in the Super Bowl. He’s 12-14 overall in the playoffs. He’s been 2-5 in the playoffs with the Chiefs.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
He just can’t win the big games. That will always be the blemish on his career. He’s a good coach who even to this day never falls behind the trends with his offense. But the ineptitude in big games will always be the hold up.

Pretty big blemish. He should coach until the C.C then go fishing for that game and let one of the assistants coach :laugh:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
When the Chiefs defensive player lined up offsides, how did he not notice the ball was behind him?

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
the saints didn't win because of the bad officiating, but they lost because of the interception in ot. the chiefs lost in ot because their defence sucked and coulden't make a stop on third down numorous times. as much as i hate the officials having too much impact on the outcomes of games, they were not the biggest reason the saints and kc lost.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
What's the word on the article from PhillyVoice today, @Dakota Sioux

For those who haven't seen it - Joe Santoliquito posted an article this morning, citing several anonymous sources, and suggesting that there's some disdain for Wentz in the orgnization. Immediately, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Brooks posted on Twitter that it's BS and none of it is true to how people feel within the organization. It's also pretty clear that Santoliquito has some personal distaste for Wentz, based on an article he wrote about Wentz back in September, and he definitely put as much of a negative spin on it as possible.

Link: Exclusive: Sources inside Eagles paint Carson Wentz as 'selfish,' 'uncompromising' and 'playing favorites'

Now, I think there's some validity to the basics of what he's getting at, but he's also very clearly forcing a narrative here. I believe that there's definitely something behind the idea that Wentz would call off too many plays and run the offense how he wanted rather than the play that was called on the field. It's pretty clear how differently (and efficiently) the offense ran with Foles than with Wentz. Going from two respected and knowledgeable coaches to a lesser-known guy like Groh could have had something to do with Wentz taking too many liberties, but I do agree that it's probably an issue that needs to be discussed where he needs to trust his coaching staff.

But this seems like more of an attempted hit piece with sources maneuvered to fit his narrative than it does feel like a story where he frames the story around how the sources actually feel.

EDIT: Now Lane Johnson & Zach Ertz joining BB + Cox in speaking out against the story.

Last edited:

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
My only reaction to that story is that I'm disappointed in Kempski for Retweeting it IF he didn't have sources telling him the same thing.

That was my first thought as well when I saw it pop up on twitter. Granted, they're from the same company, but that's a bad look on a team column that he runs.

My guess is that there are some sources with validity but the words were spun to sound worse than they were intended in order to push a narrative that Santoliquito has been shopping around town for several months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad