OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Super Bowl LIII Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Every position is a need except tight end

I'm very conflicted about which way the Eagles should go.

We are in Cap hell, we don't have a lot of picks, we are a M*A*S*H unit. On the other hand, we are in the win now mode. I would like to try and do all we can to make 1 final run at a Superbowl before tearing it all down. However, we don't have the money or picks to really do that.

The secondary and linebackers are in need of major help.

The Lines O and D must be priority number 1 in any offseason, You can put any QB behind a great line and he will have success.

Bennett is now complaining, Howie shouldn't have asked him to take a pay cut that was dum. Teams won't now want to make a deal and force Howie to cut him.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Seems like they're doing a mini re-tool this season, then go into 2020 with a boatload of picks and rolled over cap space.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
What are the chances Mailata actually turns into a star?
Legit question as im not very familiar with obscure football prospects.

I get he's huge and athletic but how likely is it he actually can come in at any point and give you elite play on the line?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
What are the chances Mailata actually turns into a star?
Legit question as im not very familiar with obscure football prospects.

I get he's huge and athletic but how likely is it he actually can come in at any point and give you elite play on the line?
A minor miracle.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

I agree but this had to happen. He was going to be cut, the business side sucks. We free up 7.2m and get a 5th.

We have to hope and pray Derrick Barnett comes back and is a mad man.

Eagles now can draft a few guys hopefully they find a few gems.

It is clear Eagles are doing a rebuild.

Reactions: Jtown

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Looks like there might be 2 picks to the Eagles.

They are getting the Pats 5th, and not certain but also there 7th round pick, I know that isn't much but at least we have that plus the Cap savings.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I hope Howie knows what he is doing

Howie was very aggressive the last few years for the sole purpose of winning a Superbowl. He hoped he could win a few super bowls but he got 1. Sometimes that's all you will get when you do whatever it takes to win it.

The downside to winning is no cap room and not enough draft picks. Guys age, injuries and even though we don't want to do a rebuild, Howie thinks he may have no choice.

Eagles have too many holes, not enough money or draft picks.

I wonder who else is on the move, I just hope whoever we get they are diamonds in the ruff.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The reality is that unless you have Belichick and Brady, it's really hard to be competitive every year. Howie's done an incredible job considering the team entered the postseason two years in a row without its franchise QB.

He deserves every benefit of the doubt. The NFC East is pretty soft, the Giants and Redskins are probably years from contending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad