OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Still Super Bowl Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

giphy.gif

A QB with talent? Must not be talking about Hackenberg.

He’s not even better than Callahan.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It probably means nothing but a lot of 6’6”+ QB’s seem to suck or at least the ones I can think of off the top of my head including Lynch. Foles honestly might be the best in recent memory.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's Foles vs Flacco, yeah. If you want to go back further, that still only gives you guys who had a good/great year or two like Josh Freeman, Matt Schaub, Scott Mitchell, Derek Anderson, Mike Glennon, etc.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Based on what I'm looking at Wentz is slightly taller than Foles. Foles was 6'5 at the Combine. Wentz was 6'5.25.

That I did not know and from looking at side-by-side pics, I buy it.

It looks like he even listed at 6’5” at Arizona and changed sometime after he went pro.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t have anything against the Browns but I want their ineptitude to continue simply because I’m astonished as how long it’s been going. They haven’t even been able to stumble their way into anything positive along that time in sheer randomness.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just checked DraftKings odds and they have the Browns Over 5.5 wins at -182. :laugh:

I think they'll go over but you can't even bet that.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
It's honestly embarrassing with the Hue Jackson stuff. He seems like a nice enough guy and you've got to feel bad for him with the family situation but he looks like an all-time bonehead when it comes to coaching.

You've got a premier player coming in and giving a rousing speech, promoting some leadership and self-responsibility and then suggest that it goes against what your team believes in? Also completely pisses off his two coordinators, who have had far greater success as head coaches than him, by acting as if they don't know what it's like to be a head coach. Hell, the RB coach simply ask if they're not going to practice, can he have them there in their uniform and standing with the team instead of being off on their own, which is a more than reasonable request and he craps on the idea.

Granted it's only one episode in, but Hard Knocks is managing to shine even more light on Jackson's incompetence. For somebody who's likely already on a short leash, it's going to shorten it even more with how he's being perceived by the media on the show. There's a pretty good chance he's gone by Week 6 if they don't go .500 or over. Steelers and Saints are just about guaranteed losses, so if they lose to the Jets and Raiders too, he could be gone after week 4.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Apparently Landry got into it pretty good with a DB at practice today. I'm sure he's not in the greatest of moods lately after his coach publicly questioned his attempt to lead by example and keep the young guys in his position group in check.

If the first episode, Landry seemed to criticize some guys that may have been using minor injuries as an excuse not to practice, something later echoed by Jackson's assistants, and Jackson basically did a 180 on him.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
The way it was filmed looks bad for Jackson. He seems soft. His management style at the helm seemed dumb. He basically stated he's in a magic position and no one can question him, despite the experience in the room. When you get your own toy, you choose the rules! What a child. You're running a team. A unit.

Reactions: Les Averman

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Anyone else think Hue came off a little bit better after this second episode? At least compared to the first one. During the first 3 minutes of episode one my wife, who knows less than nothing about football, said Hue "looked like kind of a bitch for a coach."

Todd Haley and Gregg Williams are the stars of that show. Haley talking about naming a child Carl was fantastic :laugh:.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
When Hue played the “it’s my team I make the rules, you guys don’t understand the perspective I have as the head coach, it’s different than your perspective...” I was scratching my head. Both your coordinators have been head coaches before, Hue. What the f*** are you talking about?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
When Hue played the “it’s my team I make the rules, you guys don’t understand the perspective I have as the head coach, it’s different than your perspective...” I was scratching my head. Both your coordinators have been head coaches before, Hue. What the **** are you talking about?
Yea that was cringeworthy. He's won 1 out of his last 32 games. Maybe it's time to lean on your coordinators a bit and try something new?

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Hue is trash. Its that simple. The Raiders are my 2nd team and I can attest to this.
A great coach has to be a psychologist, strategist and motivator all in one or at the very least be able to delegate those duties to those who are.

Hue has little capacity for two of those qualities and the 3rd means nothing if you dont have the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad