OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Does It Really Even Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know this is the dumbest question ever asked in an Eagles thread but please if anyone could help me.. how is it that Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are in different conferences in NFL?

The NFL as a whole isn’t really that rigid in geography. A fair amount of the teams are still in place from where they were when the NFL merged with the AFL back in the day.

When you’re only playing once a week so travel arrangements isn’t an issue like it could be in other leagues.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I know this is the dumbest question ever asked in an Eagles thread but please if anyone could help me.. how is it that Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are in different conferences in NFL?

The NFL decided that it couldn't handle the stink of having ****tsburgh, Washington, the Giants, the ****ing Cardinals and the Niners all in one conference, so they took the most disgusting one - the ****ing Steelers and their mongrel assfans - and sent them over to the AFC.

Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The NFL as a whole isn’t really that rigid in geography. A fair amount of the teams are still in place from where they were when the NFL merged with the AFL back in the day.

When you’re only playing once a week so travel arrangements isn’t an issue like it could be in other leagues.

Ah, interesting. Thanks! :thumbu:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The NFL decided that it couldn't handle the stink of having ****tsburgh, Washington, the Giants, the ****ing Cardinals and the Niners all in one conference, so they took the most disgusting one - the ****ing Steelers and their mongrel assfans - and sent them over to the AFC.

I believe this is as close to the truth as what @LegionOfDoom91 posted

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I believe this is as close to the truth as what @LegionOfDoom91 posted

Yeah I mean Dallas is in a division with New York, Philadelphia, & Washington that’s called the NFC East. It’s been that way forever & you have like 50-60 some years of traditional rivalries between all four of those teams. So you’re never going to move them even if Dallas doesn’t really make sense geographically.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ruggs! I'm still of the belief that he ends up the better pro. Jeudy's the better route runner right now, but Ruggs is just better... imo.

Well they have absolutely no shot at Jeudy, so luckily that doesn't matter. :laugh:

I like Ruggs. I'm probably just going to want to move back given that I have 10 WRs with potential 1st round grades right now -- Jeudy, Lamb, Shenault, Ruggs, Higgins, Reagor, Tyler Johnson, Tylan Wallace, Pittman, and Hamler.

Some will fall off, but I'm reasonably sure I can get to 7.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah I mean Dallas is in a division with New York, Philadelphia, & Washington that’s call the NFC East. It’s been that way forever & you have like 50-60 some years of traditional rivalries between all four of those teams. So you’re never going to move them even if Dallas doesn’t really make sense geographically.

Don't forget the Arizona Cardinals used to be in the NFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->