OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: CB Try Outs Are Still On Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have the weirdest feeling we're going to trade for Julio Jones.

I know - it's NUTS....but it's just an odd feeling.

Note: I'm super pessimistic with this kind of thing normally. I didn't think we'd get Ramsey for example, but think we'll get a guy like Harris or Trufant.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Nobody is allowed to criticize Carson Wentz and I have no idea why, it's really annoying

Because it's asinine to point fingers at Carson when he's been, without any question, our MVP.

He's not immune from criticism -- I keep hearing blowhards mention Carson CONSTANTLY. It's just dumb to hammer him when he isn't in the Top 10 list of problems.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have the weirdest feeling we're going to trade for Julio Jones.

I know - it's NUTS....but it's just an odd feeling.

Note: I'm super pessimistic with this kind of thing normally. I didn't think we'd get Ramsey for example, but think we'll get a guy like Harris or Trufant.

The guy who just signed a fully guaranteed 3 year extension?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The guy who just signed a fully guaranteed 3 year extension?

I KNOW I SOUND CRAZY

But I'm just going with a few pieces of evidence, which I'm choosing to arrange in an order I like:

- Matt Ryan's out so the Falcons are likely done
- Eagles need a WR for now and the future
- Howie usually makes deals that no one sees coming

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Carson was not good Sunday night, up until that point he has been fine. Not that hard to see.

He wasn't good Sunday, but that O-Line (IMO) certainly made it very difficult for him to succeed.

I think Carson's Sunday game is fair to criticize negatively, but up to that point there's no question he's been our top star (other than maybe our two kickers, but they barely count).

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Nobody is allowed to criticize Carson Wentz and I have no idea why, it's really annoying
If he was the same color as McNabb I'd bet my life it'd be different. McNabb's suffered through terrible receivers his entire career, even worse than what we have now, yet he never got a pass from the fanbase when he threw a pass in the dirt or had a bad game. He never got the excuses or benefit of the doubt that Carson gets on a regular basis and that's from day 1 of both players careers.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If he was the same color as McNabb I'd bet my life it'd be different. McNabb's suffered through terrible receivers his entire career, even worse than what we have now, yet he never got a pass from the fanbase when he threw a pass in the dirt or had a bad game. He never got the excuses or benefit of the doubt that Carson gets on a regular basis and that's from day 1 of both players careers.

See, I can't agree with this (and I am super aware of race in society compared to the average schmo).

Donovan definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I think Donovan's personality just bugged people - as a hardnosed city like Philly is, someone throwing short balls into the dirt and then going "my bad my bad" with a big smile is ANNOYING.

Michael Vick was more loved than Donovan and the dude was a murderer (to one degree or another). Same racial background, but different way of "showing up" at work (i.e. the smiling thing, for example).

And even after his retirement, Donovan continues to bother people. The one time he wouldn't just be a little bit of a homer to support Carson coming into this year, he was just arrogant about it (or so it was perceived). I just think Donovan is one of those guys who never truly understood this city, nor wanted to really be embraced within it.

I think he's had a grudge ever since he was booed at the draft. It was messed up, sure -- but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
great post

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Michael Vick? Did anybody really dislike him? Maybe towards the end but he was getting old & declining as well as possibly the beginning for reasons that go beyond football.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
He wasn't good Sunday, but that O-Line (IMO) certainly made it very difficult for him to succeed.

I think Carson's Sunday game is fair to criticize negatively, but up to that point there's no question he's been our top star (other than maybe our two kickers, but they barely count).

thing is you are making it sound it we have something against wentz personality and isnt and we dont want him to get traded either, it's all about pointing at some things that he needs to do a better job at, there's nothing wrong with that and includes the receivers as well. they both have to be on the same page, if the coaches just ignore and think he's the greatest thing in the world and dont fix his issues, he will make the same mistakes and he will not get better.

it's no different than carter hart,he's struggling, we are not calling for his head to get traded, they are things he has to improve to get better so he can become a the number 1 goalie.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
McNabb always struck me as a victim of the Philly mindset where if you show you're a star, suddenly the expectation is that you'll be even better and when that doesn't happen, watch the hell out.

Reactions: kelmitchell

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
thing is you are making it sound it we have something against wentz personality and isnt and we dont want him to get traded either, it's all about pointing at some things that he needs to do a better job at, there's nothing wrong with that and includes the receivers as well. they both have to be on the same page, if the coaches just ignore and think he's the greatest thing in the world and dont fix his issues, he will make the same mistakes and he will not get better.

it's no different than carter hart,he's struggling, we are not calling for his head to get traded, they are things he has to improve to get better so he can become a the number 1 goalie.

I think you do have something against Wentz if you have this WHOLE roster to gripe about, but each week Carson's name is 1st or 2nd as to who needs to be critiqued. I understand that being a QB means your name will always be up in the Top 5 discussion points by the media, but as fans why even bother trying to bring up the negatives of Carson (up until Sunday) when he's been so good?

This dude hasn't had a break in two years from this fan base, I think. They haven't been calling for his head, but do you think he hasn't had to constantly look over his shoulder with the whole Nick Foles situation? Once Foles won the SB, the following year was "Carson's back, but if he screws up thank God Nick is here." Then Carson was hurt, Foles came in and it was "Thank God Nicky-Playoffs is back!" Then we won a playoff game off of a double-doink, fans were going "We need to re-sign Foles because Carson apparently can't be healthy or get it done like Nick can"

All this year has been about for some fans is proving themselves right that Foles should've been re-signed and not Carson. I can't tell you how many times I heard people call into WIP over the summer proposing re-signing Foles and trading Wentz for picks.

I know McNabb was done wrong, but I guarantee he never felt Feeley, Kolb, or Detmer were going to be clamored for like Carson has.

But anyway, my main man Chris Long helps backup the point that Carson is nowhere close to the problem in Philly:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...DM0aaFaWPbNa4dB9rH03eULpfyDyRNHu472O-2faJBcw4

I’m disappointed with any player that has an issue with a teammate and doesn’t come to that teammate, and goes through a reporter. There had been situations where reporters had come to me because I’m media-friendly and tried to get me to sink people or sink coaches. I just don’t do it. Because it’s bulls--t. That’s not the way you do things. If you want your team to be successful, you have a man-to-man conversation with the person you think is the problem, if you think they’re the problem. And by the way, Carson is not the problem in Philadelphia. He’s just not.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
but each week Carson's name is 1st or 2nd as to who needs to be critiqued.
That’s just nothing more than the usual re QBs: they get more credit than they deserve when it’s going good, and more blame than they deserve when it’s going poorly.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
That’s just nothing more than the usual re QBs: they get more credit than they deserve when it’s going good, and more blame than they deserve when it’s going poorly.

I take it you didn't read the sentence after this one

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
McNabb always struck me as a victim of the Philly mindset where if you show you're a star, suddenly the expectation is that you'll be even better and when that doesn't happen, watch the hell out.

The main criticism for McNabb also exists with Reid. Despite being good in totality their record in the playoffs towards the end is what it is.

The two of them will always have that reputation of being underachievers fair or not. Reid’s still going so perhaps things could change but he’s not exactly doing anything to change the conversation in Kansas City to this point either.

The Eagles finally winning a super bowl definitely rustled McNabb’s jimmies. His comments around that time & after it definitely oozed jealously.

So now a days if he pops his mouth off about the team or keeps adding to his DUI count I don’t people really care enough about the guys career here one way or another anymore.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Let's make one thing clear lol I was definitely not even thinking or trying to make this a race thing, but I loved McNabb and thought he took way to much heat, however Wentz cant take any

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I KNOW I SOUND CRAZY

But I'm just going with a few pieces of evidence, which I'm choosing to arrange in an order I like:

- Matt Ryan's out so the Falcons are likely done
- Eagles need a WR for now and the future
- Howie usually makes deals that no one sees coming
If you're suggesting Julio, I'd give up a kidney and a testicle to have him here lol

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Because it's asinine to point fingers at Carson when he's been, without any question, our MVP.

He's not immune from criticism -- I keep hearing blowhards mention Carson CONSTANTLY. It's just dumb to hammer him when he isn't in the Top 10 list of problems.
It's not asinine at all, being our MVP this season so far really isn't saying much, he's had some good games, and he's had some bad games, he certainly deserves some criticism, now me personally I will admit I hated trading for the pick to get him and I'm not as high on him as others (he's proved me wrong in some ways) but that's not why I criticize him, but I couldn't disagree more when you say he shouldn't be criticized just because he's been our "MVP" in a shitty season

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I take it you didn't read the sentence after this one
I considered writing a long take-down of the entire post but I’ll distill it down to this: it’s a really really tiny slice of the fanbase that wants to be “right” about letting Foles go. There isn’t an agenda behind any and all criticisms of Wentz, and I don’t care about his feelings because the long awaited sb win was all that mattered. ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->