OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
no just slap. are you joking? trump was caught on air talking about grabbing women by the ***** and won. We are beyond trying to be presidential with guy. he is a bully , and that is how you put a bully in their place.

No finer plan has ever been laid out to destroy the American political election system.

May still be better than the electoral college, though.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Several of Trumps minions on twitter are now spreading the lie that the Eagles players kneeled during the national anthem and stayed in the locker room during it once as well. Then ranting about how the Eagles dont deserve to go to the white house.

It pisses me off so bad that people will knowingly or even unknowingly spread lies in an attempt to attack people's character. It also pisses me off how so many people will accept these lies without questioning it.

Reactions: JackStraw and Jtown

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Several of Trumps minions on twitter are now spreading the lie that the Eagles players kneeled during the national anthem and stayed in the locker room during it once as well. Then ranting about how the Eagles dont deserve to go to the white house.

It pisses me off so bad that people will knowingly or even unknowingly spread lies in an attempt to attack people's character. It also pisses me off how so many people will accept these lies without questioning it.

One guy tweeted a photo of Peters kneeling (during practice) and Torrey Smith kneeling (during a game).

Also a photo of Ron Brook, I think, of a preseason game.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ron Brooks was the prior year. No Eagles player kneeled last year, verified fact.
Not that it matters but I think Jenkins and some other guys like raised their fist or something. Really, I don't understand the hub-bub in all this. It truly is bizarre to me that someone would get upset that another person knelt during the National Anthem. I have military in my family and a lot of my friends were in the military. Their position seems to be the most logical: I wouldn't do it but I fought for this country to give them the right to do it.

That being said, I also don't understand the refusal to go to the White House. I am no fan of Trump but I would not pass up an opportunity to go to the White House for something like this. I don't fault the players at all for not going, I just don't quite get it. Trump's response, however, is incredibly petulant and inappropriate and what is even more confusing is that his supporters seem to LOVE the response, which is just sad.

Reactions: The Madrigal

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
but...according to them, no problem with a guy who had 5 draft deferments in the white house
interesting [read: DUMB] times we're living in...

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Fox news is the definition of propaganda, and the sad thing is they constantly say they are the only place to get fair and balanced news. I also find it super ironic that a channel full of devout christians would use someone praying to twist the narrative and spread lies. Just downright shameful.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
thank god i only watch the actual games and not this side show stuff. i turn off the pre post and half time stuff. most of it has little to do with the game and is just as bad as watching the news channels. all of them. that and the constant blabing about the next great show/event takes away from the actual game itself. like the networks that complain about the games taking too long but demand to have tv timeouts and 5 min. commercial breaks. sports on tv and as an escape from the drudgery and drama of everyday life has become a joke and is more about the sideshow than the actual games themselves.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Never understood why the champions of all major leagues visit the white house anyway. Whats the correlation here? If I won a championship, I wouldn't go regardless of who the president is. Trump loves this stuff, he loves when everyone gets their panties in a bunch and everyone is just adding feul to that. Who cares!

Reactions: Cuiff

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
That being said, I also don't understand the refusal to go to the White House. I am no fan of Trump but I would not pass up an opportunity to go to the White House for something like this. I don't fault the players at all for not going, I just don't quite get it. Trump's response, however, is incredibly petulant and inappropriate and what is even more confusing is that his supporters seem to LOVE the response, which is just sad.

Normally I would agree with you - if it was wrong for Tim Thomas to not want to visit Obama, then it's wrong for the Eagles not to want to visit Trump. However, the difference is that Trump has publicly attacked the NFL and it's players and has injected politics into the whole thing. Once that happens, then all normality regarding this is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad