OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Where crazy happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
It really makes no sense at all to trade for Bradford unless they're planning on him being the QB next season. If they can have a stellar draft, maybe it will be ok, IF bradford can stay healthy.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Nothing Bradford has done on the field in the NFL to this point has shown he is better than Foles. zilch, nada, nil, zero.

The only thing I would say is thay Bradford's best reciever was
Brandon Gibson.

But now he is going into a situation where the Eagles really dont have wide recievers either. But in the end Matthews is better then all their recievers the Rams had and for whatever reason they think Huff is going to breakout it seems. Maybe they think Bradford's other problem was that he didnt have a supporting cast.

I still would like for them to go after Crabtree.

It was a horrible trade. Zero doubt. Trying to make the best of it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I loved Mathews at Fresno State, but he is a walking pane of glass.

With all the injury prone guys we are adding this offseason I guess they should sign Crabtree too.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
The Mathews signing in a vacuum is fine with me. However, look at this:

Kiko Alonso - 0 GP
Walter Thurmond - 2 GP
Sam Bradford - 0 GP
Ryan Mathews - 6 GP

The best ability is durability? To say that the Eagles have a few question marks is an understatement. 8 games played between 4 guys they brought in to be starters. Who the hell knows how they'll play???

This keeps jumping out at me as well. The Eagles will need more medical staff.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I loved Mathews at Fresno State, but he is a walking pane of glass.

With all the injury prone guys we are adding this offseason I guess they should sign Crabtree too.

Is Crabtree really inury prone? Out of 6 seasons he has had 3 full ones, one where he played 15 and one where he played 11 (rookie year)

If he is injury prone, then so is Maclin I guess.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
would rather have Murray... i guess Matthews is cheaper though... i still don't understand what's happening. There has to be something bigger going on... right?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The three things some people are saying why Chip may like Bradford over Foles:

1) Played in up tempo
2) quick release
3) accurate

I honestly have no idea if any of those are true, I haven't watched Bradford play ever.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I don't doubt Bradford can perform in this offense (although he came back into the same problem where he could potentially NOT have a solid receiving corps) but he NEEDS to STAY HEALTHY and he hasn't done that!

I am more than a little concerned about Matthews, Cooper and Huff being the top 3 receivers on this team. This is like Pinkston, Thrash, Curtis etc. all over again. If they kept Maclin I'd be ok. If they can sign or draft a solid receiver, I'll be ok.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
More than anything, this offseason illustrates just how not on the same page Chip and Howie were on personnel.

This is Kelly's team now. If you believe in Chip Kelly, you have to believe in letting him get what he needs. If this team fails (not necessarily in 2015, but over the next few seasons), Chip will be back in college before we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad