OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Well That Just Happened...

Fire Howie?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So after a few days and really thinking about it I still think drafting a QB in the 2nd is a mistake when there are so many other issues. I’m glad we took some WRs later because I do think there is a sleeper in there but someone to help Carson out now would work.

This is just a complete guess and me spitballing, but I wonder if Wentz plans to retire earlier than normal. Obviously I don’t have an basis for this but just based on injuries he has had combined with him starting a family, his focus on religion, and overall personality about charity and good works, I can see him not wanting to risk his future for those extra few years of football.

Even taking a Rodgers route. Say 4 years from now Carson decides, after a few more injuries, having a child, etc that his health and family is more important. He would retire at 31 years old (would turn 32 that season). Hurts would start that season after just turning 25. He would sit 3 years behind Carson, learning the system and the pro game and (hopefully) fixing his issues.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is just a complete guess and me spitballing, but I wonder if Wentz plans to retire earlier than normal. Obviously I don’t have an basis for this but just based on injuries he has had combined with him starting a family, his focus on religion, and overall personality about charity and good works, I can see him not wanting to risk his future for those extra few years of football.

I don't think it's about Wentz "planning" to retire, rather, as Andrew Luck discovered, when you have a lot of money and your body is falling apart, why would you subject yourself to that kind of punishment?

The concussions are the key, if Wentz has a few more, knowing the long-term potential impacts, wouldn't you want to recognize your daughter's groom at her wedding?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I really like signing Tate. It's overwhelmingly likely he's nothing, but there's no cost.

It sure does look specific in combination with the Hurts pick though, doesn't it? When we discuss Lamar Jackson's success, what's often not brought up is that the offense is tailored to his skillset. That sure as hell isn't what Doug has ever run. Is something philosophical changing?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just googled him to see where he landed. He had one of the best partial seasons I ever saw and then completely irrelevant after that.

Are they really going to run a 2 QB system? Lol.

I’m still mad I never got to see Taylor Martinez with Chip.

Edit: They only have 4 true RBs on their 90 man roster. Something is up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad