OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Training Camp Is Soon, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Hurts apparently sucked Day 1 (but it's Day 1)...Day 2 big rebound:
Jalen Hurts, DeVonta Smith shine at Day 2 of Eagles Training Camp

It does seem like Hurts is going to be moving around a lot in this offense. He rolled out multiple times throughout the day and had designed running plays.
Hurts’ worst throw of the day was during the first team drill. Hurts stepped up in the pocket because of pressure and looked like he was going to run, but instead he tried to hit a wide-open tight end Zach Ertz about eight-yards away. The pass, however, was an ugly one as it sailed about three-yards too far ahead of Ertz and fell incomplete.

Overall the Eagles had to feel much more encouraged about what they saw from Hurts on Thursday then on Wednesday.

Quarterback Stats:
Hurts: 15/17, 1 TD, 0 INT, 28 reps (all 1st team)
Flacco: 11/14, 0 TD, 0 INT, 23 reps (all 2nd team)
Mullens: 9/10, 1 TD, 15 reps (all 3rd team)

Quarterback Grades:
Hurts: B+
Flacco: B
Mullens: A

Reactions: JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Who is the big TE I have heard about, the huge guy who was a college QB?

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
wentz is such a little bitch

I mean, while I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment here, can't really blame him for his body repeatedly letting him down. Reportedly there is damage to a bone and a ligament in his foot. Doesn't sound like something you can just walk off.

And remember, still the same dude who completed the drive with a TD pass after tearing up his knee.

And I'm no Wentz apologist or fanboy, just trying to keep perspective.

I'm just as mad as everybody that he is injured AGAIN and that it may cost us dearly draft capital wise...ugh!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
ivEHPE3.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How very predictable that Wentz is hurt. Both because of his history of being injured as well as his history of letting down Eagles fans. And also the city of Philadelphia has awful luck. Second round pick is still good though.

How hilarious would it be if Eason plays well and the Colts have a Nick Foles kind of guy in him? That would be so much better than getting a first rounder that Howie screws up and drafts a LB from Bemidji State that would have been there in the third.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This is karma for all of the assholes counting the first round pick already.

As one of those a**holes, I'm fine with it. If he's very hurt, then we still got a 2nd this year ::shrug::

Howie made a great trade and quietly had an outstanding offseason, IMO.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Sounds like Wentz will only missing a couple of games even IF he has surgery. Someone on the Eagles message board said that he could miss approximately 4-5 games and still be in the 70 percent range of snaps played, and 5-6 and still be in the 75 percent range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad