OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Just Don't Have A Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't know the specifics of Goff's contract, but is there any chance they see him as a placeholder for whoever they draft in the first? That's what I thought when I saw it. It's a better return than I thought they'd get. Their new GM will know Goff as well as anyone, so maybe they actually wanted him lol. But I'd guess that pre-existing relationship may have greased the wheels to deal with the Rams.

It's big and beautiful but after two years you can probably get out of it, I think.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know the specifics of Goff's contract, but is there any chance they see him as a placeholder for whoever they draft in the first? That's what I thought when I saw it. It's a better return than I thought they'd get. Their new GM will know Goff as well as anyone, so maybe they actually wanted him lol. But I'd guess that pre-existing relationship may have greased the wheels to deal with the Rams.
I guess it could be a Osweiler situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually like Goff. At least enough to see him play for a year.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Thousands of tweets saying the "Rams got fleeced!" without any understanding of the inherent pun. Nary a mention of Jason or the doggone Argonauts. :shakehead

People can't read, bud. It would be a miracle if any of these Trylennials have even heard of mythology. Look at @Striiker - I asked him once "Who is your favorite character from Ancient Greece?" He said "Pokemon."

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Last one for me tonight, fellas, and I'm late on this one, as well:

EsiyaMtVcAAjIfN

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Best thing about Stafford to LA is that pawning off Wentz and his contract to the Colts is still on the table.
Really good for Eagles...(1) a team overpaid for a QB .. check (2) with few quality QB's available the two teams that had them already decided to trade them for each other...bonus check. Beyond great news really

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Really who the hell is available out there???? Watson (likely not going anywhere), Winston, Mariota, Garopollo and Trubisky. Forgot about Dak (Cowboys are screwed he's going to demand a shitload of money

A lot of teams need a quality QB imo that are in win now mode. New Orleans, Bears, Indy, Washington, San Fran, New England perhaps Miami. Options are limited. Have to believe Wentz could be gone if market gets desperate and teams overpay. I'd still keep him personally but if its a massive overpayment then for him and the team i'd probably say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad