OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach, No QB Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Wait, did someone try justifying Detroit Pizza?

It's f***ing breadsricks, not pizza. That stuff is hot garbage.
Have you only had it from Pizza Hut or something? It's absolutely delicious if done correctly. This place is right in Philly. Those crispy edges are amazing.

q9gewo3tf8q31.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Have you only had it from Pizza Hut or something? It's absolutely delicious if done correctly. This place is right in Philly. Those crispy edges are amazing.

q9gewo3tf8q31.jpg

No, ive had it from a few places out there -- ive got a buddy that lives in livonia who i visit fairly frequently -- andits just all trash.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
No, ive had it from a few places out there -- ive got a buddy that lives in livonia who i visit fairly frequently -- andits just all trash.
You've gone off the deep end my man. It's just a better version of Sicilian pizza in my eyes. Unless the stuff actually in Detroit is just trash, since I've never had any from the area.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You've gone off the deep end my man. It's just a better version of Sicilian pizza in my eyes. Unless the stuff actually in Detroit is just trash, since I've never had any from the area.

I'm thinking it may be the latter. None of the pizzas I've gotten out there have looked anything like that.

I would definitely try that, though.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I had someone once say to me deep dish is more of a pizza than thin crust (or should I say actual pizza) because it's called a pizza PIE, and deep dish is more pie-ish

That also was the day covid was unleashed I think

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I had someone once say to me deep dish is more of a pizza than thin crust (or should I say actual pizza) because it's called a pizza PIE, and deep dish is more pie-ish

That also was the day covid was unleashed I think

It's not called a "pizza pie" by anyone with an iota of sense unless they are trying to do some weird old-fashioned pantomime of an Italian. It's unimaginably goofy in the Year of our Lord 2021 to call it a "pizza pie." You're not a New York mongrel. Be better.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
One of the origins of modern pizza is actually chillingly cool. Back in the day, in the Italian slums of Naples ridden by disease (what I believe was cholera), the poor folks took the only 2 things they had- literal food scraps (intestine, organs, etc) and dough- and put them together. The dough was rolled super flat before cooking to ration more effectively before adding the toppings. We talked about it in Italy

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
For those of you who do a lot of bathroom reading, like myself, the Margherita pizza - the King of All Pizzas - was created to represent the colors of the Eye-talian flag (Red - tomatoes; White - cheese; and Green - basil) for the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, by Raffaele Esposito in 1889. No word on how quick the pizza maker's glove hand was or how unmovable he was in the crease.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
For those of you who do a lot of bathroom reading, like myself, the Margherita pizza - the King of All Pizzas - was created to represent the colors of the Eye-talian flag (Red - tomatoes; White - cheese; and Green - basil) for the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, by Raffaele Esposito in 1889. No word on how quick the pizza maker's glove hand was or how unmovable he was in the crease.

Uhhhhh Kermie, we're in the NFL THREAD. No hockey talk, please.

Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad