OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach, No QB Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Me, I'm betting on Hurts, usually when a QB can't pick up concepts it's either IQ or work ethic or both. In the case of Hurts, every report is that he's got IQ, has an off the chart work ethic, wants to be the best, etc etc. Those are the kinds of athletes who often make big jumps if they get the right coaching - which I doubt he had at Alabama, the black hole of QBs. Jones might be the exception, but not sure he was coached up or merely the beneficiary of two future pro bowl WRs and a great OL (i.e. with great blocking and open receivers, he just had to be a passer, not a QB, since he had all day to go through his progressions). The fact that Hurts picked up the Oklahoma offense in a few months without the benefit of a red shirt season bodes well for him.

Last season Hurts simply didn't have a chance, truncated off season, no exhibition games, I'm sure he was the primary scout team QB b/c Sudfeld can't imitate a mobile QB. Almost no time with the 1s in practice until he was the starter. And those stupid plays Doug kept installing, wasting his time when he should be learning how to play QB, not wildcat.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Me, I'm betting on Hurts, usually when a QB can't pick up concepts it's either IQ or work ethic or both. In the case of Hurts, every report is that he's got IQ, has an off the chart work ethic, wants to be the best, etc etc. Those are the kinds of athletes who often make big jumps if they get the right coaching - which I doubt he had at Alabama, the black hole of QBs. Jones might be the exception, but not sure he was coached up or merely the beneficiary of two future pro bowl WRs and a great OL (i.e. with great blocking and open receivers, he just had to be a passer, not a QB, since he had all day to go through his progressions). The fact that Hurts picked up the Oklahoma offense in a few months without the benefit of a red shirt season bodes well for him.

Last season Hurts simply didn't have a chance, truncated off season, no exhibition games, I'm sure he was the primary scout team QB b/c Sudfeld can't imitate a mobile QB. Almost no time with the 1s in practice until he was the starter. And those stupid plays Doug kept installing, wasting his time when he should be learning how to play QB, not wildcat.
Never would have seen this take coming, coupled with your Fields take, in a million years. Super shocking

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I haven’t even followed this really. Guy has been such a train wreck off the field in year one they’re already seriously considering cutting him. He’s essentially partying his way out of the league.

Let him party his way to a shitty team here and see if he can work out the partying and get back to football. Can't be worse than what we have had on the OL.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
The odds that Hurts ends up significantly better than 2018-19 Wentz are what? 5%? 10%? Was that good enough for everyone convinced Hurts must be given a clear runway? Wentz was an average to slightly above average starter. Don't conflate 2020 Wentz with 2018-19.
honestly...I don't think the Wentz bar for 18-19 seasons is really that high. This offense was a grind both those years. Big play TDs, non existent.

Was it the play calling, was it poor talent, was it poor QB play? I think it's a measure of all 3...but IMO, it's a myth that guys were not getting open. You can see, guys are open in a window, and the ball is held.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Mel Kiper's Mock Draft - New 2021 NFL mock draft: Kiper makes trades for the first time ever, with QBs moving up

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
Trade: Atlanta moves up to get the No. 2 QB
2. Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
3. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
4. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
5. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
6. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
I would be happy with this outcome, although I recently learned DeVonta Smith's nickname is "The Slim Reaper" so now he is my top choice.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I would be happy with this outcome, although I recently learned DeVonta Smith's nickname is "The Slim Reaper" so now he is my top choice.
There's a thin NBA player named Brandon Ingram who has at least 3 nicknames, Tiny Dog, The Thin Man, and The Slim Reefer. When I was a kid I thought the song Don't Fear the Reaper was actually Don't Feel the Reefer. I went to a public school.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

R6OKDNW.gif

All the more reason to watch NFL Network...

omg gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->