OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ill rephrase - some serious material handling equipment violations. I hope your daughter poops your pants twice today.

We sent her to the in-laws for a week since they've been very well behaved during the pandemic and their area is far safer than ours.

She went inside their RV and promptly claimed it as her own and tried to shove everyone out the door. Otherwise she found a can of soup and has been hauling that around aggressively making her grandparents act like they're drinking it. In her new authoritarian style where she says "Drink the soup....NOOOOWWWWW" and on "now" she throws her head back and bellows to the heavens while pointing her finger straight up

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Owners to vote on resolution to incentivize minority HC, GM hires

• If a team hires a minority head coach, that team, in the draft preceding the coach's second season, would move up six spots from where it is slotted to pick in the third round. A team would jump 10 spots under the same scenario for hiring a person of color as its primary football executive, a position more commonly known as general manager.
  • If a team were to fill both positions with diverse candidates in the same year, that club could jump 16 spots -- six for the coach, 10 for the GM -- and potentially move from the top of the third round to the middle of the second round. Another incentive: a team's fourth-round pick would climb five spots in the draft preceding the coach's or GM's third year if he is still with the team. That is considered significant because Steve Wilks and Vance Joseph, two of the four African-American head coaches hired since 2017, were fired after one and two seasons, respectively.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We sent her to the in-laws for a week since they've been very well behaved during the pandemic and their area is far safer than ours.

She went inside their RV and promptly claimed it as her own and tried to shove everyone out the door. Otherwise she found a can of soup and has been hauling that around aggressively making her grandparents act like they're drinking it. In her new authoritarian style where she says "Drink the soup....NOOOOWWWWW" and on "now" she throws her head back and bellows to the heavens while pointing her finger straight up

Is lil beef named 'Damien'?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Sources: NFL plan boosts picks for minority hires

Under the proposal, aimed at fixing diversity problems leaguewide, a team could improve its third-round draft selection by up to 16 picks -- going up 10 spots for hiring a minority candidate as general manager or an equivalent-level position and six spots for hiring a minority head coach.

Under this plan, a team could move up five spots in the fourth round if a minority head coach or general manager successfully entered the third year on the job, according to the report. Retaining a minority quarterbacks coach after one year would net a fourth-round compensatory pick, a nod to the importance of quarterback expertise to the head-coaching pipeline, according to the report.

Conversely, losing minority candidates to other teams would earn draft capital -- a third-round compensatory pick for a minority candidate leaving to become a head coach or general manager and a fifth-round compensatory pick to the former team for a coordinator hire.

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
How would the public react to this idea: A team would receive an additional first round pick (immediately following their pick in the draft immediately following the consummation of the sale, and even if they had already traded that pick) plus an additional first round pick in each of the following two drafts, if they sell a majority interest in the team, for a price to be-determined with an excessively complicated formula decipherable only to fancy stat proponents, to a minority individual (or group controlled by a minority). Sale by one minority to another minority would not count. If nothing else, this would give fans a legitimate reason to argue that changing ownership would legitimately help the team. :)

Last edited:

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Without football there would be a lot more gangsters out there.
As a Canadian, I whole-heartedly endorse this questionable opinion. But mostly cuz I'd rather any and all Americans waste themselves on yourselves before they get to ourselves. You guys have mad scary rules governing your behaviors compared to Canada, and I'd prefer you keep it all confined south of the border.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008

This is an absolute joke.

To say racism doesn’t exist is dumb, but thinking owners don’t care about the almighty dollar above all is even dumber. If the owner believes you will help make them a successful franchise, than you stand a good chance of getting hired. From the top to the bottom. How about this, we can go with this plan...but also let’s give incentives for drafting white running backs and corner backs. There just isn’t enough of them in the league....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I wonder where she got that authoritarian attitude? :D

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I think she'd teach the daughter how to attack me
Hey Beef and the rest of you guys. I thought I would get the most educated replies in this forum. Please rank these QB's careers from 1 to 5: Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Cam Newton

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotusflower

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hey Beef and the rest of you guys. I thought I would get the most educated replies in this forum. Please rank these QBs from 1 to 5: Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Cam Newton

Are we ranking them as talents or by their careers?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hey Beef and the rest of you guys. I thought I would get the most educated replies in this forum. Please rank these QB's careers from 1 to 5: Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, Cam Newton

I guess McNabb, Cunningham, Newton, Vick, & Stewart.

It’s weird some of these guys played in era’s where the coaches didn’t know/want to really tailor their system/game plans around these guys skill sets. Even a guy like Vick it would have been interesting seeing him with a coach like Andy Reid for longer/earlier in his career on top of obviously not landing in prison during the prime of his career.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Then McNabb has to be 1st even if it's mostly because of Reid. Cunningham should be second based on longevity alone and would be for me even without the 98 renaissance year. Yes, the 98 numbers are inflated a bit by Moss, Carter, Reed, Hatchette, and Glover, but the way that he was asked to push the ball down the field takes the numerically comparable year slider up to putting mythical seasons like 84 Marino and 76 Bert Jones on the table.

Vick vs Newton is definitely the one I struggle with the most because we have late career Vick staring us right in the face. It's so tempting to extrapolate what could have been had he been put under a competent wing early on, but you could easily say the same thing about Cunningham and Newton. Newton gave you 125 Starts by Age 30, most of which were as a QB above the capable bar and this is about what you actually did. Stewart has to be 5th because he basically gave you 3 seasons of note and had the lowest peak.

So for me, it would be McNabb > Cunningham > Newton > Vick > Stewart. On talent, Vick would be way ahead of everyone else. McNabb would be last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad