OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't mention it like ever on here, but I grew up a Rams fan along with the Eagles. Lots of shit years.

Yeah, shoot me.

According to Schefter, Weeks 1-4 are modular and built to move to the end as a unit. If they end up at 14 Games, the Rams would be the last week of the year. It's actually a pretty good spot for you.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

According to Schefter, Weeks 1-4 are modular and built to move to the end as a unit. If they end up at 14 Games, the Rams would be the last week of the year. It's actually a pretty good spot for you.

Everything bad I’ve ever said about you is a lie.

The logistics of pushing a Super Bowl back is a god damn nightmare though.

Reactions: Chinatown88

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lawerence probably had a noticeable step back last year going from year 1 to year 2 but that seemingly didn’t really dissuade most.

It should be interesting to see if he can be passed at when it’s all said & done. Darnold & Tua were passed in the end but he’s probably considered a better prospect than both of them & in Tua’s case isn’t carrying the injuries with him to this point.

Burrow, Murray, Jones, Mayfield, Trubisky, Wentz, etc. were all huge risers in varying degrees during their draft years.

We’ve seen it so much in recent years people are basically just picking all these guys already to possibly do it for next year. Guys like Trey Lance, Jamie Newman, Tanner Morgan, etc. are already getting that preseason wild card hype.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Lawerence probably had a noticeable step back last year going from year 1 to year 2 but that seemingly didn’t really dissuade most.

It should be interesting to see if he can be passed at when it’s all said & done. Darnold & Tua were passed in the end but he’s probably considered a better prospect than both of them & in Tua’s case isn’t carrying the injuries with him to this point.

Burrow, Murray, Jones, Mayfield, Trubisky, Wentz, etc. were all huge risers in varying degrees during their draft years.

We’ve seen it so much in recent years people are basically just picking all these guys already to possibly do it for next year. Guys like Trey Lance, Jamie Newman, Tanner Morgan, etc. are already getting that preseason wild card hype.

Hard agree with all of this.

In prep for my plays, I went back and watched Lawrence. He really wasn’t good the first 8/9 Weeks. It doesn’t change the highs or the realistic potential, but given the relative weights and my confidence in the Ohio St program, I think Fields is worth a play. If he starts hot, I probably sell the ticket.

I’m glad you brought up the other QBs because this is precisely where I am deciding now. Trey Lance is the exact type of guy I would look to make a Futures play on, but I just have a hard time thinking the NDST QB can do enough to go ahead of the blue chip Ohio St QB AND the blue chip Clemson QB. If I find a line on him as a top 3/5 pick, I may play that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
9-7 (as of now)

1 Skins - L
2 Rams - W
3 Bengals - W
4 Niners - W
5 Steelers - L
6 Ravens - L
7 Giants - W
8 Cowboys - L
10 Giants - W
11 Browns - W
12 Seahawks - L
13 Packers - W
14 Saints - L
15 Cards - L
16 Cowboys - W
17 Redskins - W

The Eagles are not losing to my Skinbags opening week. Tubgirling ourselves out the gate against Philly is among that team's most cherished traditions, right up with Snyder working against the people he hires.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The Eagles are not losing to my Skinbags opening week. Tubgirling ourselves out the gate against Philly is among that team's most cherished traditions, right up with Snyder working against the people he hires.

It's just a hunch my friend...the Skins played the Eagles hard last year.

I put an L on the Birds because I tend to overestimate their schedule and I had to give them an L somewhere that I believe it's possible (even if not super likely) in my mind

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
It's just a hunch my friend...the Skins played the Eagles hard last year.

I put an L on the Birds because I tend to overestimate their schedule and I had to give them an L somewhere that I believe it's possible (even if not super likely) in my mind

I believe if they stay healthy than they are going to make some waves this season. I felt that way the past two season, but of course we were decimated with injuries. Just need to stay healthy....

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

ENSl2NKWwAg3oPa.jpg

Sad day. I’m gonna miss that Bubba Gump Shrimp sounding/looking bastard.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Besides ball skills, he doesn't really have the skillset to play inside.

Is restructuring a rookie contract normal?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If you want Douglas to be on a football field and you're not letting him get his hands on receivers at the LoS, it's a complete non-starter. There's no rhyme or reason to the way he's been used or really why he was drafted if this is how they wanted to use him.

And I say that as someone who thought he was their best pick relative to slot in the 2017 draft.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If you want Douglas to be on a football field and you're not letting him get his hands on receivers at the LoS, it's a complete non-starter. There's no rhyme or reason to the way he's been used or really why he was drafted if this is how they wanted to use him.

And I say that as someone who thought he was their best pick relative to slot in the 2017 draft.

I can't read this guys name and not picture this:

Screenshot_20200511-150751_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad