OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

2020 has done an impressive number on my hopes and dreams.

EZ7xp9jXsAAWKFx

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's been really hard to dislike Belichick and his using the comp pick system to his advantage.

It's already been pointed out that if Cam has a great year and the Patriots let him walk in UFA, that they will get a comp pick out of it...and it's likely to be a 3rd (which takes care of the 3rd they lost, albeit 1 year later)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's been really hard to dislike Belichick and his using the comp pick system to his advantage.

It's already been pointed out that if Cam has a great year and the Patriots let him walk in UFA, that they will get a comp pick out of it...and it's likely to be a 3rd (which takes care of the 3rd they lost, albeit 1 year later)

The Pats have ~80MM in cap space next league, which would be the most of any team. It's unlikely they don't sign a UFA that cancels Newton out.

What should be of concern if you're a Pats fan is whether or not there is tag protection language in the contract, as a tag and trade is their best hope for recouping a pick.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Pats have ~80MM in cap space next league, which would be the most of any team. It's unlikely they don't sign a UFA that cancels Newton out.

What should be of concern if you're a Pats fan is whether or not there is tag protection language in the contract, as a tag and trade is their best hope for recouping a pick.

Yeah, they have a lot of space, but Bill is odd when it comes to using it.

You are right that the tag & trade would be the best hope, but I just don't think it's their only hope.

And I told my fellow Eagles buddy yesterday that Bill hasn't ever really had a QB with the skillset that Cam has. IF (and I recognize right now that it's a big "if") he is healthy, I think it makes those Patriots/Ravens games real interesting.

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016

They’ll get a third round pick for letting Brady walk

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ertz is going to be up there in catches for TEs and figures to have some left in the tank.

Graham doesn’t have the sacks numbers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Doesn’t anybody really think Ertz isn’t at a minimum good? Like he stinks at picking up yards after the catch which a valid complaint when like comparing him to other top guys like Kittle, Kelce, Gronk, etc.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My laughter is more focused at Graham. I know there’s more to the game then sacks but when I look at Brandon Graham I don’t even remotely think of the Hall of Fame.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale

Am I out to lunch for belly laughing from reading this? Caplan liked it so it popped up on my feed.

.....what the. I guess someone finally found an argument where I’m not pro-Graham. There’s a first for everything.

We have no idea what criteria they’ll use for modern TEs, but I cannot possibly imagine Zach Ertz passing a reasonable threshold. If he plays really well in good offenses for another ~5 years, he’s probably still below Greg Olsen, who I guess has a small chance to get in but shouldn’t.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not even sure Graham would make an Eagles Hall of Fame. It's ok to say a guy has had a good career, and probably been underrated, without making outlandish claims.

Ertz at least has an NFL record to his name. I think he's certainly on track to have a better career than Olsen (at least statistically), but I don't think either makes it in. There are only 8 tight ends in the hall of fame, and you have to figure that Gronk, Kelce, Gates and Witten are all ahead of him by the time Ertz retires.

Reactions: orangey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->