OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Fall To Washington 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Well, the failures could be due to execution but the problem is that the players aren't good enough to execute. Specifically the O-line. Now with some injuries on top of not being deep or good in the first place, they're a mess.

Honestly, if the guards on this o-line were competent NFL starters, this team is probably 3-1 right now.

HELL, if we had a kicker who knew you were supposed to get the ball THROUGH the uprights, were 3-1 right now.

But alas, shoulda-coulda-woulda reigns...

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Honestly, if the guards on this o-line were competent NFL starters, this team is probably 3-1 right now.

HELL, if we had a kicker who knew you were supposed to get the ball THROUGH the uprights, were 3-1 right now.

The kicking game could have changed the outlook on the whole season. They lost two games that could have been won if the kickers hit from spots they should have.

That still doesn't mean the team is playing good, but 3-1 would give the team some breathing room to fix the problems they have.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I saw some positives from the offense, though. They FINALLY decided to try to stretch the field and look what happened! Bomb to Cooper, bomb to Austin. Bradford CAN throw it deep, especially when teams are cheating up because they pretty much have refused to even try it all season long.

This defense has to be one of the top, if not the top, defense in terms of points allowed per minute. ~20 points a game being on the field for 5/6 of the game seems pretty amazing to me. I don't get the hate for them, other than the lack of pressure on the QB. That needs to be fixed.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
He wanted all the power, he deserves all the praise/criticism. We just have another clown running this team.

This team flat out sucks and is the worst in a poor division and it is not even close. I still think it will take 9 or 10 wins to win the division. So Chip needs to go 8-4 or 9-3 the rest of the way. Does anyone really think this team can do it with this talent?

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
The problem with the defense is that they can't make stops at critical points in the game when they absolutely need to, but the flip side is that they shouldn't even be in those positions. They play well the majority of the game and the offense gives them no help. They do however, need to get to the QB.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

If my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle. You build through the draft then when you have your core you add through FA. This is not a quick fix my friends and lets hope Chip the GM has this in him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Chips first year they started out 1-3.

...but actually looked good.

A win yesterday would have been huge considering all the guys that went down with injuries.

We'll find out how much the players like playing for Chip. Now is the time they can roll over and die like Andy's last team did.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Their OL is worse than before and the D is exhausted and injured.

Plus they basically don't have a Kicker

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
...but actually looked good.

No they didn't :laugh:

You're not the revisionist history type. People were saying that Kelly's scheme was figured out because the Chargers and Chiefs controlled the ball the entire game. They got pounded by the Broncos like 50 to something, and then put up no points against the Cowboys and Giants.

I'm not saying it looks good, cause it doesn't, but it's far from over at this point with this division. Though I'm honestly not sure if they wouldn't be better served by a year of top picks.

A win yesterday would have been huge considering all the guys that went down with injuries.

We'll find out how much the players like playing for Chip. Now is the time they can roll over and die like Andy's last team did.

This is very true, but supposedly that's why he got these players here.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

You're not the revisionist history type. People were saying that Kelly's scheme was figured out because the Chargers and Chiefs controlled the ball the entire game. They got pounded by the Broncos like 50 to something, and then put up no points against the Cowboys and Giants.

I'm not saying it looks good, cause it doesn't, but it's far from over at this point with this division. Though I'm honestly not sure if they wouldn't be better served by a year of top picks.
They didn't play the Giants and Cowboys during the first 4 weeks in 2013.

They moved the ball up and down the field at will. Off the top of my head they were leading the league in offense at that point (or close). Remember that SD game where they actually scored a TD too quick???

The D was garbage, but the offense gave people hope and they turned it around.

Last edited:

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
They didn't play the Giants and Cowboys during the first 4 weeks in 2013.

They moved the ball up and down the field at will. Off the top of my head they were leading the league in offense at that point (or close). Remember that SD where they actually scored a TD too quick???

The D was garbage, but the offense gave people hope and they turned it around.

Yea I know, the Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos were during the first 4 weeks. Then the Cowboys and Giants dropped them to 3-5 IIRC. This time the offense has been garbage, but this defense has kept them in games, even while banged up. It doesn't matter that the offense moved the ball, it didn't result in wins, and that D was as bad as this years offense. It's the same thing, with the roles reversed and the hope that all these new players on offense start to gel and improve.

Again, they look awful, but they were not good at the start of his first year here either. Then you have how this whole division could be tied next week. As bad as it looks, it's not over yet...though I have no hopes for them in the playoffs and honestly think a down year might do them more good lol.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

We all know how the first game went against the Redskins.

The game against the Chargers the Eagles had over 500 yards of offense and actually scored too fast in the fourth quarter when they took the lead. Kelly would go on to stupidly use timeouts in an attempt to get the ball back, which really just let San Diego get more yards to kick an easier field goal to win the game.

Against the Chiefs the Eagles had a field day running the ball, I believe that McCoy and Vick might have both both had 100+ yards rushing. They just couldn't hold onto the ball as they turned it over four or more times. The Eagles also used the Swinging Gate that game even though it didn't work. <3 Big Balls Chip

Then they got their teeth kicked in by the Broncos.

Next game against the Giants Vick got hurt and Foles lead them to a come from behind victory.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
they still have Logan & Cox, right? They are still playing?

What about Graham/Curry/Barwin? All still on the field?

I'm confused.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yea I know, the Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos were during the first 4 weeks. Then the Cowboys and Giants dropped them to 3-5 IIRC. This time the offense has been garbage, but this defense has kept them in games, even while banged up. It doesn't matter that the offense moved the ball, it didn't result in wins, and that D was as bad as this years offense. It's the same thing, with the roles reversed and the hope that all these new players on offense start to gel and improve.

Again, they look awful, but they were not good at the start of his first year here either. Then you have how this whole division could be tied next week. As bad as it looks, it's not over yet...though I have no hopes for them in the playoffs and honestly think a down year might do them more good lol.
Oh but it does as we saw that year. This is an offensive league. You need to move the ball and sustain drives to win. Yeah the defense has to pull its weight but if you can't move the ball with the rules set up the way they are, you aren't going to win games in this league.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Oh but it does as we saw that year. This is an offensive league. You need to move the ball and sustain drives to win. Yeah the defense has to pull its weight but if you can't move the ball with the rules set up the way they are, you aren't going to win games in this league.

No, I know in the big picture it matters how you move the ball, I'm not a moron. I was saying in those games it didn't matter because they lost.

We all know how the first game went against the Redskins.

The game against the Chargers the Eagles had over 500 yards of offense and actually scored too fast in the fourth quarter when they took the lead. Kelly would go on to stupidly use timeouts in an attempt to get the ball back, which really just let San Diego get more yards to kick an easier field goal to win the game.

Against the Chiefs the Eagles had a field day running the ball, I believe that McCoy and Vick might have both both had 100+ yards rushing. They just couldn't hold onto the ball as they turned it over four or more times. The Eagles also used the Swinging Gate that game even though it didn't work. <3 Big Balls Chip

Then they got their teeth kicked in by the Broncos.

Next game against the Giants Vick got hurt and Foles lead them to a come from behind victory.

None of that equates to them looking good. They turned the ball over. Did they look good last year when they were constantly turning the ball over? And they put up a combined 10 points against the Cowboys and Giants to fall to 3-5 in 2013. Yet they won the division and went to the playoffs. All I'm saying is they've looked bad before and turned it around.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
they still have Logan & Cox, right? They are still playing?

What about Graham/Curry/Barwin? All still on the field?

I'm confused.
Logan's not a pass rusher. Graham has been a disappointment. Barwin had a fluke year last year (sack wise). Curry's been quiet.

Its 2013 all over again as I said yesterday.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Logan's not a pass rusher. Graham has been a disappointment. Barwin had a fluke year last year (sack wise). Curry's been quiet.

Its 2013 all over again as I said yesterday.

But Logan can disrupt.

Barwin can be a sack machine, he had 13 in his FA year before signing with the Eagles.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No, I know it matters how you move the ball, I'm not a moron. I was saying in those games it didn't matter because they lost.

Yes they lost but we had reasons to believe in the team, which was the whole point. We had a coach known for his offense and they were tearing up the league at that point. The records may have been the same but the performances we not.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
But Logan can disrupt.

Barwin can be a sack machine, he had 13 in his FA year before signing with the Eagles.
Barwin had 13 the year before his contract was up and then in his contract year he had 4 I believe. He's a good all around player, but not necessarily the guy you want being your top edge rusher. He's not a guy that's going to create a bunch of sacks on his own. He takes advantage of blown assignments (like Marcus Smith in college). If other guys around him aren't creating pressure, he;s going to struggle too.

There were some good pass rushers on the board this year too, but after the Marcus Smith pick, they weren't going to go to the well again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad