OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Fall To Washington 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm always amazed Green Bay can find these late round/undrafted pass rushers year after year and we have what we have.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
The hate wouldn't be warranted if Chip didn't demand the GM role, deplete the roster of everyone that wasn't a "Chip player," construct the worst o-line in team history, and still have the balls to say that the team's failures are simply due to poor execution.

This is where I am as well. If Howie was still here and the team was as it is now, I'm not sure how much would really be on Chip. All potential excuses went out the window though once Chip got that power.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Wasn't home to see the game although maybe that's a good thing. Sounds like we sucked again. Are we in full tank mode yet?

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
41-19 time of possession difference?

Seriously, GTFO Chip. Just go already. Your stupid no huddle offense and their repetitive 3 and outs. Gutted the talent from this offense.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
41-19 time of possession difference?

Seriously, GTFO Chip. Just go already. Your stupid no huddle offense and their repetitive 3 and outs. Gutted the talent from this offense.

What are you talking about, it's all about snaps all about snaps. If you have the same amount of plays as the other team time of possession doesn't matter. :roll eyes:

Washington had 79 offensive plays Eagles had 51 offensive plays....well guess what Chip...if you control the ball the other team will probably have less snaps than you. Their offense can't score if they aren't on the field.

This guys a supposed football "genius" cause he was able to outsmart 19 and 20 year old kids playing college football and now he's trying to reinvent the wheel in professional football, when pro ball has been played the same way for 50'years

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
If the offense was working the time of possession would be different. They aren't executing on offense and the line isn't playing well, so the time of possession is way off. Chip wants to snap the ball 90 times. Even playing as fast paced as he wants to that will still eat up time. Pointing out the time of possession is redundant and honestly meaningless because it is a byproduct of a inept offense. Just like Murray complaining about touches. If you want more touches, you should help your offense stay on the field. Can't get touches if you don't have the snaps

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I'm actually at the point where i want Chip to be embarrassed for what he's done to this team. I hope it gets worse before it gets better, and that's the last thing i wanted for this franchise.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This is gonna get good

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ot-happy-with-his-role/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

Last year after four games, DeMarco Murray had 99 carries for 534 yards. This year through four games, Murray has 29 carries for 47 yards.

After Sunday’s loss in Washington, Murray was asked if he’s getting enough touches.

“No, I’m not,” Murray said, via Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I don’t think I am.”

Berman notes that Murray said he knew what he signed up for in Philadelphia, where the plan going in was to spread the opportunities among multiple running backs. Still, Murray expected more.

“I knew I was going to be the lead guy,” Murray said. “I knew [Darren] Sproles and [Ryan] Mathews, two great guys. I knew this offense, a lot of guys touch the ball.”

So will he take it up with the coaching staff?

“I don’t need to go to anyone,” Murray said. “It is what it is.”

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He wanted all the power, he deserves all the praise/criticism. We just have another clown running this team.

Last edited:

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
It's amazing that with how horrendous the Eagles have played, they're still 100% in the NFC East race... If we win next week and everyone else loses the entire division will be tied at 2-3. That's pretty hilarious.

The Cowboys (patriots) and the Redskins (Falcons) have pretty much already lost next week.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
We are a bad football team. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs, we'll get molly whopped by any playoff team.

There OL shows little-to-no signs of improvement... which is where the majority of these problems stem from.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Yeah but we're also 0-2 in the division

Sure, but if this team somehow turned it around (extremely hypothetical at this point...) and started meshing and finding a groove, the division is clearly there for the taking.

I don't think it's going to happen, but stranger things HAVE in fact happened, and it's certainly plausible.

We're bad right now, but every other team in this division is mediocre at best.

But yeah, probably not going to happen, as this line is the worst I've ever seen on an Eagles squad -- maybe even the NFL.

Just kind of trying to justify a reason to continue watching the games...

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
The hate wouldn't be warranted if Chip didn't demand the GM role, deplete the roster of everyone that wasn't a "Chip player," construct the worst o-line in team history, and still have the balls to say that the team's failures are simply due to poor execution.

Well, the failures could be due to execution but the problem is that the players aren't good enough to execute. Specifically the O-line. Now with some injuries on top of not being deep or good in the first place, they're a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->