OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Fall To Washington 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I thought so too. Everyone talks about the guards, but he's not pulling his weight either. Celek is useless if he can't block. **** it no one can really block. Its incredible.

Najee Goode signed. Vandervelde released again.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Celek looked awful on pretty much every single run. Missed his man pretty much every play and a large majority of the time that guy made the tackle.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So now that some guys have seen the All-22 and/or rewatched the game, its seem to becoming more apparent that Celek/Kelce are not doing well, but seems like bottom line, the line just seems confused and not performing.

Which actually is good, if they were all following their assignments and were getting blown off the block, that would be a talent thing, right now its an assignment thing, you can teach assignments.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Watching some of the replays, the runs would have been more effective if guys just stayed in a 3 point stance instead of actually trying to block. It was that bad.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm contemplating buying the NFL Game Pass. I've been able to get the condensed telecast off of Reddit but nowhere can I get the full All-22 besides Game Pass that I know of.

Anyone have any history with NFL Game Pass?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
If celek is having trouble blocking, you might as well just put Ertz in the whole game. He's a much better receiver and when you're only putting him in for a fraction of the plays, he gets worked because teams know he's only coming in when he's a target... defeats the purpose of the tight-end in a lot of regards.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
the eric decker injury is big for the iggles
I wasn't too confident in our ability to cover 2 big, good receivers

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
All things considered, I am not down on the defense at all. Losing Kiko for a few weeks sucks, but I mean... Julio Jones could do that to anyone. He's probably a top 2-3 receiver in the league at this point.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Ertz needs to develop in the blocking game... like now. Celek's game is falling off a cliff. Kelce is pulling way too early, or simply getting up the field way too early a lot of the time. I'm confident that his timing will settle in.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Might just have to send an invoice to Chip and Lurie.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4496615

Plenty of disgruntled fans have said they wanted their money back after an underwhelming performance.

But how many have made that complaint -- and then received a check in the mail, signed by the coach?

Tony Seminary did.

The story starts in Boise, Idaho, where on Sept. 3, Oregon lost its season opener to Boise State -- and star running back LeGarrette Blount lost his temper and responded to an apparent taunt from Boise State's Byron Hout with a punch.

The 19-8 loss was disappointing for Oregon, which started the season with BCS bowl aspirations. The punch and Blount's behavior afterward, in which he had to be restrained from approaching fans in the stands, led the team to suspend him for the season.

Seminary, an Oregon alumnus from the Portland area, attended the game in Boise. According to the Web site everydayshouldbesaturday.com, he was so unhappy with what he saw, he sent Ducks coach Chip Kelly an e-mail, with an attached invoice for $439 in travel expenses.

"The product on the field Thursday night is not something I was at all proud of, and I feel as though I'm entitled to my money back for the trip," he wrote, according to the Web site.

According to the Web site, Kelly replied to Seminary's e-mail with a question: "What is your address?"

Sure enough, a check for $439, apparently signed by Kelly, arrived in Seminary's mailbox, according to the Web site. Seminary was so impressed by the gesture, he returned the check to Kelly with a thank-you note, rather than cashing it.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Huff said there were times when the Cowboys from the sidelines were yelling the play at their D.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate

Sounds about right, Chip has gotten mighty predicatable.

Heard that on the radio too. One of the most damning bits of information comes from Pro Football Focus:

"The Eagles run game, or lack thereof, is a very real issue. The problem isn’t talent; it’s that the Cowboys knew exactly what was coming. The Eagles have run almost the same handful of running plays ever since Chip Kelly got there in 2013 and after seeing it four times the Cowboys had learned how to combat it. Dallas overloaded to the strong side of the formation, and the Eagles line had little chance against the fronts they saw..."

Without a threat of a cut back that McCoy at least always had in his pocket, and a QB who can't read option, it becomes a lot easier to defend I would imagine.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
If Chip is so adamant about not lining up under center, why not use the Pistol? QB is still in a shotgun-ish position and the RB can line up behind him instead of to either side.

And is it just me, or has the offense become very vanilla? Where are the unbalanced lines, the "diamond" WR formation with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters out wide?

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
GUYS i FINALLY signed up for FAN DUEL

i entered the promo CATALDI yes from 94 wip

they did match the 200.00 i entered a 5 dollar league first time trying fan duel.

here is what i was able to do with 60k.

qb brady 8700
rb johnson ARI 6,000
rb d lewis NE 6,600
wr a cooper oak 6900
wr a brown PIT 9300
wr C Brown CAR 4600
TE gronkowski 8400
K Folk NYJ 4600
DEF NYJ 4500

so the salary is costly but will see how i do. if someone who plays on FD or Draft kings can let me know if this is good or bad id appreciate it.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
And is it just me, or has the offense become very vanilla? Where are the unbalanced lines, the "diamond" WR formation with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters out wide?
not you, VERY vanilla
& bradford has only looked downfield [over 20 yards] like 3 or 4 times this year

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
If Chip is so adamant about not lining up under center, why not use the Pistol? QB is still in a shotgun-ish position and the RB can line up behind him instead of to either side.

I was about to post the exact same thing. I thought the same thing last year as well when the offense was struggling. All of the creative stuff they did in the first year went out the window. I get that those things are gimmicky, but it at least could cause the D to take a time out.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've said it before, Chip's nickname in College was Big Balls Chip. Since his first year in the NFL he isn't the same coach, the NFL has neutered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->