OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Bills 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Sunday's game carries minimal impact in the path to a potential playoff spot. But let's look at it from a bigger picture and what a win against Arizona can mean.

After an awful 3 game stretch and a very inconsistent first half, a win against Arizona would mean straight wins against 2 legitimate Super Bowl contenders (NE, and ARZ) and a very talented yet terribly coached football team (BUF).

I think Sunday's game means a lot to this team quite frankly. I think from a confidence standpoint it can put this team in a different platform. I think the majority may chalk the NE game as a 'fluke' or a 'bad day for NE' (albeit the Eagles were the better team that day). I think a win against Arizona can perhaps put this team in a different conversation from a borderline playoff team to perhaps a team that can make some noise in January.

I say this b/c Arizona will be a mirror image of the matchup they would get against Seattle in January. I think if we see a game where Bradford is again in command of the offense, accurate and minimizing mistakes can we at that point elevate the expectations beyond what they are today (which is pretty much get in the playoffs and get smoked by Seattle)

It will be a very interesting matchup. The Eagles had a similar matchup against in 2008 (ironically against Arizona at home as well). They were coming off awful performances against the Ravens and Bengals on the road. The season at that point was over. That night they destroyed Arizona and that seemed to fuel a run that ended in the NFCCG.

I am not saying that similar path will take place with a win but it is clear what statement wins like Sunday can do to the direction of a season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm sure they'll bring in someone either way. There really aren't that many big name guys I don't think. There are some guys I'd be interested in like Mohammed Sanu, Brian Quick, Darius Heyward-Bey, Travis Benjamin, and maybe take a shot at Alshon Jeffrey, who is probably the #1 guy out there. I don't know if these guys are unrestricted or if they'll be re-signed, but if they are available I'd go after one of them. Heyward-Bey or Benjamin could be interesting in this offense because of his speed. Good deep threats. Sanu and Quick could be nice to replace Cooper if he's gone because of their size. Goot red-zone targets.

At this point I'd be happy if they just got someone that could catch the ball better.

Need to get OL in the first or second round if the opportunity presents itself

I don't think they have a 2nd round pick next draft, but hopefully a good OL drops to their pick in the 1st round. As far as I know they have 1 1st, 0 2nd, 2 3rds (Lions), 1 4th, 2 5th (Pit), 1 6th, 2 7th (Cards)

Last edited:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
These Cardinals are gonna be an extremely tough match-up. Fitzgerald is playing the worst out of the 3 starters (Him, Floyd, and Brown), but has been a notorious Eagle killer and isn't even playing bad, it's just Floyd and Brown are playing really well.

I don't see them beating the Cards, John Brown is gonna have a big game.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
These Cardinals are gonna be an extremely tough match-up. Fitzgerald is playing the worst out of the 3 starters (Him, Floyd, and Brown), but has been a notorious Eagle killer and isn't even playing bad, it's just Floyd and Brown are playing really well.

I don't see them beating the Cards, John Brown is gonna have a big game.

Offensively yes, they will be very tough. Palmer is playing at an elite level and they get enough out of their running game to have an effective play action attack.

Defensively, they looked pretty poor against the Vikings at home. I watched Bridgewater kind of pick them apart. They are very aggressive, overly aggressive at times and Minnesota made them pay.

I think the key offensive will be Ertz and Sproles. Continue to take the deep shots to make make them honest and exploit the holes in the middle of the field left by blitzing CBs and LBs. Arizona ranks 27th in the league defending the pass against RBs. I imagine mostly is due to their aggressive scheme and how teams take advantage of that with quick passing attack. The Eagles have the ideal option to burn them in a guy like Sproles.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think the Eagles would have had a better shot if this game didn't get flexed to primetime. The spread suggests they have a chance though.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
The NFL is such a joke. OBJ is a superstar but that last cheap shot on Norman should have been an instant ejection.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The NFL is such a joke. OBJ is a superstar but that last cheap shot on Norman should have been an instant ejection.

Finnigan got flagged earlier in the game for taking a swing from Beckham. It's not that they just let him get away with things they actually punish the opposing players instead. :laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That cheap shot by that little puke was DIRTY. Nfl gives 2 ***** about concussions, how was he not thrown out ??? He'd be the perfect Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->