OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Incrediboy the NFL QB is a dummy. Who knew? Me!

53D8043B-DCC3-427D-8834-4F3A7EDD31FB.jpeg

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Vaccine stupidity seems to be contagious among NFL players. The Washington football team is currently under 50% vaccinated and this was an actual interview with a player.

So team brings in EXPERT to discuss vaccine. Montez Sweat says he's not a fan, but wants more information (they brought in an expert) and then says he wont' worry until he GETS COVID to treat it.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Poor Le’Veon. Guy can’t catch a break. Everyone is keeping him down.

He's got no one to blame but himself. He signed with the only team he wouldn't have been the starter on and left the others (Bills, Dolphins) out in the cold. He signed for the 'ship and he knows it.

If you want to be the most prominent player at the RB position, then go sign with a team that has a hole there and NOT the pass-happy defending champs who JUST drafted a RB in the 1st round.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You need a 3rd QB for TC, someone has to throw to your 3rd string WRs and to play the 2nd half of exhibition games.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Look, it's not a big deal. But I hate this in scope. Loathe everything they've done with the QB position, really. It's inarguable to me that you'd rather have Jamie Newman in your camp than Nick Mullens if neither is going to play.

Now if you didn't have Flacco, yes I would get this. Hell, I'd rather have Mullens on his contract than Flacco on his.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Look, it's not a big deal. But I hate this in scope. Loathe everything they've done with the QB position, really. It's inarguable to me that you'd rather have Jamie Newman in your camp than Nick Mullens if neither is going to play.

Now if you didn't have Flacco, yes I would get this. Hell, I'd rather have Mullens on his contract than Flacco on his.

Newman had to really turn them off to give up on him so fast.
Probably was too inaccurate to serve as a camp QB, or he's a head case.
That 3rd QB doesn't have to be starter material, but if it's the 3rd exhibition game and you're trying to evaluate WRs, it is kinda important to have a QB that can hit the side of a barn, same with TC practice.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Why would it ever be "inarguable" that you would want an unproven, undrafted QB on your roster as the third string/practice squad guy over a guy that at the very least has some experience with actual NFL starts and victories??? What would make you feel this way? Are you a big Wake Forest fan? The Eagles front office definitely deserves to be ridiculed and questioned a lot, especially lately, but the signing of a third string quarterback that has experience starting and cutting a guy that wasn't even that good in college and never stepped foot on an NFL field seems like a decision that maybe doesn't need to be celebrated, but definitely doesn't seem to be something worth criticizing.

Reactions: WIP CALLER

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Outside of Kurt Warner, how many 3rd string, unproven, undrafted QBs have even become 2nd string QBs?
Even Romo I think was pretty quickly the 2nd string guy.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Newman had to really turn them off to give up on him so fast.
Probably was too inaccurate to serve as a camp QB, or he's a head case.
That 3rd QB doesn't have to be starter material, but if it's the 3rd exhibition game and you're trying to evaluate WRs, it is kinda important to have a QB that can hit the side of a barn, same with TC practice.

Newman isn't a headcase. He's also accurate. PFF had him as the 2nd highest-graded QB on tight window throws in the country in 2019. First was Burrow, of course.

They probably just didn't like him enough to spend developmental time on him, which is fine. Remember he was a UDFA. This isn't someone they drafted. I would just prefer that the 3rd spot was used on someone developmental while they're rebuilding. When they're ready to contend, sure. Get a Mullens. Or don't sign Flacco and Mullens is your backup/mentor. I'd love that even more.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad