OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Interesting. He was a decent prospect last year. Several people I trust had him as roughly an early 4. Cost was cheap enough, but he's got no realistic shot of ever playing outside.

At some point, I'd really like to stop trading picks for these types. It's a pattern.
What type of guys would you like to trade 6th round picks for?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Interesting. He was a decent prospect last year. Several people I trust had him as roughly an early 4. Cost was cheap enough, but he's got no realistic shot of ever playing outside.

At some point, I'd really like to stop trading picks for these types. It's a pattern.

Kenny Moore (5'9 190 UDFA) was a key element in the Indy defense when Gannon was there.
Nickel who plays as much like a third safety.

So I think Gannon may be auditioning players for that role.

Give Houston was a camp body, and it's a 2023 6th rd pick, given he was good enough to be drafted #137 in a deeper draft than this year, it's a good investment if they like his film for the Moore role.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Kenny Moore (5'9 190 UDFA) was a key element in the Indy defense when Gannon was there.
Nickel who plays as much like a third safety.

So I think Gannon may be auditioning players for that role.

Give Houston was a camp body, and it's a 2023 6th rd pick, given he was good enough to be drafted #137 in a deeper draft than this year, it's a good investment if they like his film for the Moore role.

Yep, could be. Kenny Moore played a ton of Snaps. It's just that they have a good bit of those types already, some of which like K'Von Wallace who were used so oddly out of position. Meanwhile they still have 2 outside Corners. I'm sure another move there is coming.

Houston is nothing. The pick is worth very little. I'm more than fine with it in a vacuum. At some point, I would like to see more of a transition to signing these failed draft pick types as FAs rather than giving up picks for them, though.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't know much about the NFL salary cap rules, but is it possible to acquire Jones somehow and make it fit? I know we were in bad shape going into the offseason.

Julio Jones says he wants to win, but 'ain't going to Dallas'

"Financially, adding Jones would be expensive, but it wouldn’t be a cap-crippling move," 94WIP's Eliot Shorr-Parks wrote over the weekend. "Jones would cost the Eagles $11.2 million against the cap in 2021, which is basically all of the room they have left. They could easily open up space, however, by redoing the deal of Fletcher Cox, who has a base salary of $15 million. Convert that money into a bonus and adding Jones would basically be an even swap financially. Plus, as we saw this offseason, the cap is very easily manipulated. If the Eagles want Jones, and Jones would come to the Eagles, money shouldn’t get in the way."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yep, could be. Kenny Moore played a ton of Snaps. It's just that they have a good bit of those types already, some of which like K'Von Wallace who were used so oddly out of position. Meanwhile they still have 2 outside Corners. I'm sure another move there is coming.

Houston is nothing. The pick is worth very little. I'm more than fine with it in a vacuum. At some point, I would like to see more of a transition to signing these failed draft pick types as FAs rather than giving up picks for them, though.

Have to figure Gannon has looked at film on these guys and asked Howie to see if he could find an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad