OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Carson simps really are just the worst kind of people. Now some of them are rooting for the Colts over their own team just so Carson looks good. As an Eagles fan first over any player, I hope Carson plays all year and plays like he did this year. That way we have 2 top ten picks coming our way. However I bet the golden boy either gets his ass benched(again) or gets injured(again) because those are the outcomes of every Carson season in this league. While it would suck to lose the 1st rounder, it would be funny to see these guys scramble for their next excuse on his subpar play. Carson screwed Carson in Philadelphia and he'll probably screw himself in Indy too.

1) The Eagles mishandled Carson Wentz, leading to his exit.
2) Carson Wentz played horribly last year.

Both statements can be true.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Carson simps really are just the worst kind of people. Now some of them are rooting for the Colts over their own team just so Carson looks good. As an Eagles fan first over any player, I hope Carson plays all year and plays like he did this year. That way we have 2 top ten picks coming our way. However I bet the golden boy either gets his ass benched(again) or gets injured(again) because those are the outcomes of every Carson season in this league. While it would suck to lose the 1st rounder, it would be funny to see these guys scramble for their next excuse on his subpar play. Carson screwed Carson in Philadelphia and he'll probably screw himself in Indy too.
Great name. Great post.

Reactions: WIP CALLER

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I wonder if they would bench him just to avoid the pick becoming a first? Like even if he is playing well but they have either clinched a playoff spot or been eliminated will they bench him? In a normal situation I would assume they would, but for a guy with a fragile ego like Carson I wonder if they would. Also on the note of the fragile ego, one of the hosts from WIP (maybe Jon Marks?) tweeted out when the Colts drafted a QB in the later rounds something like "Carson Wentz demands trade from Indy" and I thought it was a pretty quality tweet. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: WIP CALLER

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Kerrigan’s still pretty good right? I always hated him because he seemed to play very well vs. the Eagles.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Kerrigan’s still pretty good right? I always hated him because he seemed to play very well vs. the Eagles.

Not the same player anymore, but still a very good piece as a rotational type, yep. An absolute monster in his prime. He was leading the league in Sack Rate until pretty late in the season last year. I believe he still finished top 10 in Pressure Rate too.

He's still got the speed to power conversion moves. Long arm is still very good. I hope they don't overplay him because he'll probably wear down.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well, at least it's not the Cowboys :naughty:

Take care of Kerrigan. Awesome dude and terrific player on mostly embarrassingly terrible and disgraces-to-football Washington teams... one of the few consistent bright spots we had over the past decade. He's not an every down player any more but he's still a very effective pass rusher.

Oh, and he has the best sack celebration in the league with "The Showstopper" as homage to Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A Chris Long-like signing. Wont move the needle stats-wise but will provide snaps, vet presence, and some intangibles.

Yep. These are the kinds of veterans you want on rebuilding teams. Set an example and a tone.
The "anti-Cowboy" player.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
A Chris Long-like signing. Wont move the needle stats-wise but will provide snaps, vet presence, and some intangibles.
I think he absolutely will move the needle from a stats perspective. Not like he will be a defensive MVP or anything like that, but he is still at threat even if not the same threat that he was, which should make teams have to deal with him which should open up more opportunities for other guys, and should result in him still making an impact on the stat sheet.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, at least it's not the Cowboys :naughty:

Take care of Kerrigan. Awesome dude and terrific player on mostly embarrassingly terrible and disgraces-to-football Washington teams... one of the few consistent bright spots we had over the past decade. He's not an every down player any more but he's still a very effective pass rusher.

Oh, and he has the best sack celebration in the league with "The Showstopper" as homage to Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid.

After Fletcher retired, Kerrigan was the thing that made the defense worth watching.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
this team is a cb and nick foles away from winning another super bowl.
After Fletcher retired, Kerrigan was the thing that made the defense worth watching.

I know your kidding but with the draft and this news.... I think fans should be excited.. If we can stay healthy at the Oline and Dline (which we likely won't be able to do) we could actually have a good season. Really looking like Health, Rookie Coach and unproven QB are what's going to determine 11-6 vs 4-13. The latter sounds more then likely but before the draft I would have said a 10 or 11 win season would be impossible....now if everything went right you could see it actually happening.. crazy

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad