Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
could be worse..could have tiny legs

Tiny-Legs-american-dad-29375330-500-282.png

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm going to be so upset if we don't end up with Ruggs. If he falls anywhere out of the top 15 and we don't end up with him, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
If Ruggs is gone though, I think they should look at Epenesa in that spot if he's there. Henderson or Fulton would be great picks at corner. McKinney or Delpit would be great safety picks which is a position of need as well. With how deep the WR class is, if Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy aren't there(or they don't trade up for one of them), I think you take another position of need and hit WR in the second. There will still be some great value at the position there. Hamler, Jefferson, maybe even Reagor or Aiyuk could be there and with multiple picks in the 3 and 4th , they could potentially trade up in the second to take a receiver they like. Overall I'd be pissed if they pass on Ruggs but if he's not there, I don't think it's the end of the world. We could still come out of the draft with a starter on defense and a solid receiver to develop with JJAW.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He won't.

I'm with you. I think that 11-15 corridor is his floor. The Jets, Raiders, Colts, and Broncos all have major needs. Post-Combine it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him commonly mocked to Arizona or Jacksonville at 8/9 either.

Personally, I wouldn't move up significantly for Ruggs. I would for Jeudy and I almost never want to move up in the first unless it's for a QB.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm with you. I think that 11-15 corridor is his floor. The Jets, Raiders, Colts, and Broncos all have major needs. Post-Combine it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him commonly mocked to Arizona or Jacksonville at 8/9 either.

Personally, I wouldn't move up significantly for Ruggs. I would for Jeudy and I almost never want to move up in the first unless it's for a QB.

Yep, it seems like one of those where you have to swallow your desire to grab someone you just KNOW is going to be really good and go with value. It's just things like you look back on when Randy Moss was drafted and you think about what could have been. You know you can't identify the Mosses beforehand with absolute certainty and it's smarter to stick with a solid draft philosophy, but it can be frustrating.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

this seems like the wrong draft to move up for a WR. In Fact I rather Move back and pick up more picks then MOve up for a wr. Eagles fans are setting themselves for heartache if they think this draft is Ruggs or bust. Ruggs is fast, very fast but he is not nearly as polished as some other receivers out there.

Reactions: BigToe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
this seems like the wrong draft to move up for a WR. In Fact I rather Move back and pick up more picks then MOve up for a wr. Eagles fans are setting themselves for heartache if they think this draft is Ruggs or bust. Ruggs is fast, very fast but he is not nearly as polished as some other receivers out there.

I almost always want to move down in the first and I'm quite sure this is where I will end up on draft day because the price will be too high. I agree that you almost never move up for a WR, but if you like Jeudy as much as I do, I think you should entertain it. I'm not giving up next year's 1 or anything, but I'm putting out feelers.

To be clear, I'm not close to done yet, but I currently have Jeudy as the 3rd best WR prospect since Fitz in 2004, behind only Megatron and Julio. That's what it would take for me to think about it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I almost always want to move down in the first and I'm quite sure this is where I will end up on draft day because the price will be too high. I agree that you almost never move up for a WR, but if you like Jeudy as much as I do, I think you should entertain it. I'm not giving up next year's 1 or anything, but I'm putting out feelers.

To be clear, I'm not close to done yet, but I currently have Jeudy as the 3rd best WR prospect since Fitz in 2004, behind only Megatron and Julio. That's what it would take for me to think about it.

i think our WR's issues are a bit overblown to be honest. What occurred last year was freaky. We still have plenty of weapons.

I don't have Jeudy as abetter prospect than Blackmon

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
i think our WR's issues are a bit overblown to be honest. What occurred last year was freaky. We still have plenty of weapons.

I don't have Jeudy as abetter prospect than Blackmon

Well Jeffery is seemingly gone. I can't imagine Agholor is back. Ward looks like he can be a reasonable NFL player, but not a guy you want starting or anything. There's plenty of time to add WRs after the first. I'll probably want to move back and take a CB/EDGE/S.

Was Blackmon your biggest WR miss? Mine was definitely Peter Warrick. I don't understand what happened.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i
Well Jeffery is seemingly gone. I can't imagine Agholor is back. Ward looks like he can be a reasonable NFL player, but not a guy you want starting or anything. There's plenty of time to add WRs after the first. I'll probably want to move back and take a CB/EDGE/S.

Was Blackmon your biggest WR miss? Mine was definitely Peter Warrick. I don't understand what happened.
Warrick was my guy in college. Blackmon had that great rookie year, just drugs. You can't blame him . Drugs are pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->