May 22, 2008
oRyuLxy.gif

tenor.gif

I knew I should have lead with a cat.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’m gonna let someone else post that ESP poll and his newest article.

I can’t wait any longer...

If this was anyone else I’d be getting jorts tattooed on.

Eagles: 6 backup quarterbacks they could sign

The Eagles’ offense was a major issue for the majority of the season last year and was the main reason the team struggled on their way to 9-7.

Here is a look at some of the options they have in free agency, starting with a crucial position -- backup quarterback.

Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans: It is hard to ignore the irony of the Eagles bringing in Mariota after former head coach Chip Kelly tried to trade the entire team to get him prior to the 2015 NFL Draft. It would likely bring a smile to Howie Roseman’s face to bring in Mariota, knowing Kelly didn’t, and the move makes plenty of sense for both sides.

For the Eagles, Mariota would be perhaps the best possible option as a backup, unless Nick Foles gets released. Mariota has 61 games of starting experience in the NFL, including two starts in the playoffs. Mariota has not met the potential he showed at Oregon, but he hasn’t been completely terrible either, posting a career quarterback rating of 89.6 and throwing 76 touchdowns to 44 interceptions.

A very appealing part of bringing in Mariota would be what he can do with his legs. The Eagles’ offense was at its best last season when they were rolling Carson Wentz out of the pocket, a gameplan they had to abandon when Josh McCown went in for an injured Wentz during the team’s playoff loss to Seattle. They wouldn’t have to do that with Mariota.

For Mariota, he would get to come to an elite franchise with an elite head coach and a quarterback that has missed time in each of the last three seasons, giving him a very real chance to play.
Mariota and the Eagles made sense the first time around and it makes just as much sense this time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
#tradedown

People will more than likely freak out if they don’t take a WR at #21. But there’s going to be value on the board at the position even as we move on from that. So you don’t have to force it in theory.

A trade back though might be the best of both worlds though as there’s going to be guys in that early second round who theoretically could have first round grades in a normal year.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
People will more than likely freak out if they don’t take a WR at #21. But there’s going to be value on the board at the position even as we move on from that. So you don’t have to force it in theory.

A trade back though might be the best of both worlds though as there’s going to be guys in that early second round who theoretically could have first round grades in a normal year.
Plus we get another swing and Howie needs as many of them as possible.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad