OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Jojo’s Favorite Time Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I have seen a lot of mock drafts with Jeudy going to the Raiders at 11. Would it be worth it or make sense to move up ten spots to grab him?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Oh dear god. If I know your footwork and hand placement is horrendous, I can't imagine what an OL coach thinks.

And of course the QB's plant leg is 6 yards behind the rest of him now, but that's a minor quibble.

i love how Tra Thomas and other former players called it out tho.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have seen a lot of mock drafts with Jeudy going to the Raiders at 11. Would it be worth it or make sense to move up ten spots to grab him?

Considering how many needs we have, I think it'd be a bad idea to spend the picks to jump up to get a WR in a DEEP WR draft.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The following post is for FUN. It should not be taken in any serious manner whatsoever.

Eagles Offseason Plan Version 2.0

Eagles need a brilliant OC. Mike Groh was let go but we seem to have this OC by committee or we're back to Doug calling the shots. We should still hire Chip Kelly. Man is clearly wasting his time in college. A second chance with the talent we get in the upcoming draft will let him display his true talents as an offensive genius. Also Sco Ducks! @Hollywood Couturier , @Captain Dave Poulin

Howie needs to stop making personnel decisions. Why it took everyone ages to realize that Greg Ward is a million times better than Mack Hollins is inexcusable. Howie should remain on as the capologist but he isn't cut out to be a talent evaluator.
Hire Ed Doods or Morocco Brown from Indy as GM. They've done some amazing work for the past couple of drafts. Also they won't take an oligatory UF guy like Howie will.

At the draft

Trade Carson Wentz to the Dolphins for 5th overall, 18th overall and 26th overall.
Reasoning: Miami is a terrible franchise that's run by incompetent people. They need a franchise QB to put butts in seats. Carson is making way too much against the cap. That money could be used to upgrade other parts of the roster. We get out of a huge financial commitment and get premium draft picks to upgrade the glaring holes on this roster. Miami was hoodwinked by Howie before and clearly can be hoodwinked again.

5th overall - Tua Tagovailoa
Fantastic QB talent that can blossom under Chip. Young man can make all the throws and can run for yards if needed. Perhaps he's a bit reckless in his scrambling to extend plays which is why he got injured. But with the backup QB we sign in FA we can wait a year for this franchise QB. #TuaTrain

Here's where things could deviate. We could trade something along the lines of 18th and our 2nd round pick to draft Ceedee Lamb. If we sit pat:

18th overall - Henry Ruggs III
Reunite Tua with one of his guys from Bama. Ruggsie is an absolute speed demon and can definitely get us that YAC. This lad is popular on the board so why not make a selection everyone would be ecstatic with?

21st overall - C.J Henderson
Okay so I dumped on Howie for sneaking a UF guy. But if he's available a young CB would be nice to scoop up. Hopefully it would push out some of the garbage we saw in the secondary this year.

26th overall - Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins
A big guy to replace Meshonn Jeffrey. The guy leaks too much shit to Josina. Needs to go after this year. Not sure if he'll even be healthy. Jefferson or Higgins will definitely be an upgrade over JJ. They will contest for balls with their height, wingspan and their desire for the ball.

Rest of the draft would be focused on BPA if there isn't a surefire pick at Safety, EDGE or IDL.

Free Agency

Sign Marcus Mariota. Reunite him with his college coach Chip. Marcus was never given fair or just treatment with the Titans. Changing OCs every damn year. Marcus is a good bridge to Tua who will probably need to sit a year to recover. MM will be a Pro Bowler under Chip no doubt.

Maybe splurge on Ngakoue or some of the CBs or S to sure up the defense. With the cap space we obtain by trading Carson we can fill up other glaring holes through FA that aren't filled through the draft.

Reactions: BigToe

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The following post is for FUN. It should not be taken in any serious manner whatsoever.

Eagles Offseason Plan Version 2.0

Eagles need a brilliant OC. Mike Groh was let go but we seem to have this OC by committee or we're back to Doug calling the shots. We should still hire Chip Kelly. Man is clearly wasting his time in college. A second chance with the talent we get in the upcoming draft will let him display his true talents as an offensive genius. Also Sco Ducks! @Hollywood Couturier , @Captain Dave Poulin

Howie needs to stop making personnel decisions. Why it took everyone ages to realize that Greg Ward is a million times better than Mack Hollins is inexcusable. Howie should remain on as the capologist but he isn't cut out to be a talent evaluator.
Hire Ed Doods or Morocco Brown from Indy as GM. They've done some amazing work for the past couple of drafts. Also they won't take an oligatory UF guy like Howie will.

At the draft

Trade Carson Wentz to the Dolphins for 5th overall, 18th overall and 26th overall.
Reasoning: Miami is a terrible franchise that's run by incompetent people. They need a franchise QB to put butts in seats. Carson is making way too much against the cap. That money could be used to upgrade other parts of the roster. We get out of a huge financial commitment and get premium draft picks to upgrade the glaring holes on this roster. Miami was hoodwinked by Howie before and clearly can be hoodwinked again.

5th overall - Tua Tagovailoa
Fantastic QB talent that can blossom under Chip. Young man can make all the throws and can run for yards if needed. Perhaps he's a bit reckless in his scrambling to extend plays which is why he got injured. But with the backup QB we sign in FA we can wait a year for this franchise QB. #TuaTrain

Here's where things could deviate. We could trade something along the lines of 18th and our 2nd round pick to draft Ceedee Lamb. If we sit pat:

18th overall - Henry Ruggs III
Reunite Tua with one of his guys from Bama. Ruggsie is an absolute speed demon and can definitely get us that YAC. This lad is popular on the board so why not make a selection everyone would be ecstatic with?

21st overall - C.J Henderson
Okay so I dumped on Howie for sneaking a UF guy. But if he's available a young CB would be nice to scoop up. Hopefully it would push out some of the garbage we saw in the secondary this year.

26th overall - Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins
A big guy to replace Meshonn Jeffrey. The guy leaks too much **** to Josina. Needs to go after this year. Not sure if he'll even be healthy. Jefferson or Higgins will definitely be an upgrade over JJ. They will contest for balls with their height, wingspan and their desire for the ball.

Rest of the draft would be focused on BPA if there isn't a surefire pick at Safety, EDGE or IDL.

Free Agency

Sign Marcus Mariota. Reunite him with his college coach Chip. Marcus was never given fair or just treatment with the Titans. Changing OCs every damn year. Marcus is a good bridge to Tua who will probably need to sit a year to recover. MM will be a Pro Bowler under Chip no doubt.

Maybe splurge on Ngakoue or some of the CBs or S to sure up the defense. With the cap space we obtain by trading Carson we can fill up other glaring holes through FA that aren't filled through the draft.

3p790w.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Who are you to doubt the guy who had 2014 Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte and couldn't even make the playoffs, huh????

Remember that 54-11 Eagles ass-kicking of the Bears in Chip's second year? That was a win and in for a Trestman team. :laugh:

Of course I remember,

"We're from Philadelphia and we fight." - Chip

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Who are you to doubt the guy who had 2014 Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte and couldn't even make the playoffs, huh????

Remember that 54-11 Eagles ass-kicking of the Bears in Chip's second year? That was a win and in for a Trestman team. :laugh:

Wait, wasn't that his first year? It was a meaningless game for the Eagles but they still played their starters. It all came down to the next week against the Cowboys (Boykin, you SOB).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Wait, wasn't that his first year? It was a meaningless game for the Eagles but they still played their starters. It all came down to the next week against the Cowboys (Boykin, you SOB).

Yes, you're right. It had to be 2013 because the Bears weren't anywhere near the playoffs in Trestman's final year. He only got two.

It was definitely a win and in for Chicago because I always remember that they didn't show up at the Linc, then lost another win and in on this:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They really needed more rules to help the offenses in this league. QB and OL play was always going to be at a disadvantage.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad