OT: Philadelphia Eagles: I Guess We Just Sit Around And Wait Now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nothing matters until the pads go on in training camp.
After four decades of following the Eagles, I've learned to dismiss every "feel good" story that comes out of practices in shorts.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
So glad the draft is over.

People on the internet bashing 4th and 5th round picks when its likely only 1 or 2 picks will make any sort of impact.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Heard that this morning. Was dying. Can’t get enough of the Pope. I also listen to podcasts at 2x speed and it makes him sound like that much more of a lunatic.

Btw the Sean Avery interview on Boomer’s Show was pretty good.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Look at what my work email just got that I could buy. Christ, if I lived in the States, I could sell these to you all! Out of curiosity, what would a t-shirt like this go for in Philly?

GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Look at what my work email just got that I could buy. Christ, if I lived in the States, I could sell these to you all! Out of curiosity, what would a t-shirt like this go for in Philly?

GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail
Looks like a $5 shirt you'd buy outside tye stadium that won't fit and the logo will be gone after like three watches. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I do like it and have bought many of those $5 shirts.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Looks like the favorite to start with Bradham at LB. I don't know anything about him apart from what's on his page: Zach Brown Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

He was downright excellent in 2018 and the first half of 2016, just good in 2017 and the second half of '16. Very good in coverage for an ILB. Great tackler, but it took him time to get there. Same with his run fits, which are now a strength. If you like physicality, well:

Reactions: Schwarbomb

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Perfectly stated.

I wonder if Howie, will get more guys

Ndcemdieche of cardinals is also declined for a 5th yr. OT Iefedi is also being declined by seattle.

we might be able to get more talent at a value rate.

Also I noticed this coaching staff is very good at fixing players flaws and getting them going again.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Aren’t the 5th year options for next year?

Also, if the rumors are true about the NFL having an uncapped year, there would be no point to carry over any space

Makes me think there will be a cap because then Howie would have spent more I would assume?

Last edited:

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

Perfectly stated.

It's basically Howie's signature move.

If you think about the importance of drafting mid-late round guys it's basically to have cheap depth. Howie instead uses those picks in trades and offsets the impact by rolling in cheap vet depth. There's the risk that it won't really work like with Ngata, but it worked with Long and Robinson etc. It's at least comforting to know that he has a system for a addressing the lack of depth picks. Just need to continuously hit in the first 3 rounds to find the bulk of your starters.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's basically Howie's signature move.

If you think about the importance of drafting mid-late round guys it's basically to have cheap depth. Howie instead uses those picks in trades and offsets the impact by rolling in cheap vet depth. There's the risk that it won't really work like with Ngata, but it worked with Long and Robinson etc. It's at least comforting to know that he has a system for a addressing the lack of depth picks. Just need to continuously hit in the first 3 rounds to find the bulk of your starters.

Yep. They have a clear plan of attack as to where they need bodies versus starters and approach them completely differently. It's one of the reasons I was so surprised they screwed up with their Safety depth last year, but that was probably a misevaluation of Corey Graham more than systemic failure. They don't draft positions to have bodies anymore, which was a huge step in the right direction.

When you take that approach, it does tend to lead you down safer early paths once you get outside of the top 7-10 players, which is not my favored approach until the mid 20s or so, but I do understand it.

It's become a big talking point as to which positions are worth paying, but the real meat of the issue here to me is which units are better evaluated by the worth of their best players versus their worst? Offensive Line and the Secondary are the clearest cases of worst mattering most, two areas where they've relentlessly built systemic depth in the last 2 years. They're on top of these trends.

Reactions: achdumeingute
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad