OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Those knees were always ticking time bombs.

With the way he looked this year, he wasn't going to help the team much.

so true, his knees have a very weird built and the fact that he lasted this long is a surprise. He is the best blocking rb we have, but he can't run anymore. Smallwood is a superior runner but a bad blocker.

Shady makes the most sense because he is great at catching, running and blocking.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
It was a foregone conclusion that he wouldn't be back, but hopefully he can get a 1-year contract next year. Definitely won't get much but if he can stay healthy, he can live to die another day.
With the team off to a bad start and the RBs being out, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the trigger on a trade for Bell. I doubt they'd keep him but try to salvage this season for a pick

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Jay Ajayi was horrible in pass protection. :laugh:

Sucks that he's basically done, but only because there's not a decent RB left on the roster. Smallwood would have been cut from most NFL rosters, and he's now the starter.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
You gotta pay Bell to get him to play.
A 2-3 team with "Superbowl aspirations" aint gonna give him the incentive to risk a bigger payday when the year is over.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
David Johnson
Le’Veon Bell
Tevin Coleman
LeSean McCoy

In that order

Johnson and Bell would both be hella expensive.

Shady has probably lost a step at this point and i don't know if Buffalo would give him up, considering the fact that their backup is Chris Ivory. But i wouldn't hate to see him in an Eagles uniform again, admittedly.

I would LOVE Coleman. Perfect rental.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
You gotta pay Bell to get him to play.
A 2-3 team with "Superbowl aspirations" aint gonna give him the incentive to risk a bigger payday when the year is over.
That's not quite the case because Bell can't be extended until the offseason based on how the franchise tag works. They could theoretically work out a new 1-year deal in place of the franchise tag, which expires at the end of the league year, but that was only a scenario that would have occurred prior to the season, since he's going to miss approximately half of the season.
It's already been reported that he's coming during the Steelers bye week (7) so he's planning to show up around that time anyway. If he doesn't show up by Week 10 then he forfeits his rights to having accrued an NFL season and is in the same place that he was this year, so he's going to play.

However, the Eagles will absolutely not sign him to a long term contract in the offseason so I'm sure that could muddy the waters a bit with discussions with his agent. I don't think it's going to happen but you never know.
I'd love to get a guy like Coleman and he'd be my number 1 target. I would think the Falcons would be unwilling to let him go because of Freeman's inability to stay on the field consistently, but his contract is up at the end of the year and with all of the injuries to their defense/current level of play, it might make sense for them to get something back for him if they plan to let him walk anyway - although it will need to be a better pick than whatever they'd get for him as a compensatory pick.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I would be shocked if they traded for Bell, so naturally the trade will be announced any day now.
th (6).jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He was just at the Texas-OU game hanging out with Vince Young. Thought he was finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->