OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I am not watching tonight's SNF so it's comforting to hear that dak is still shitting it up. I can only imagine how bad the ratings for this game must be outside the state of texas.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
To be honest, I don't entirely blame the refs - Reffing is hard enough as it is, but when you add the inane rulebook and some of the new penalties/rules, it doesn't put them in a position to succeed.

Yes, I'd like to see them do better, but adjusting the rules would help them out greatly.

i totally see your point...its like they just get past the ridiculous "what is/isnt control for a td " controversy,

then its on to "this year were going to put an emphasis on whats lowering your head..." garbage,

then its emergency meetings to clarify the changes to the "roughing the qb" rules...its insane.

as you say imo the inane rulebook and new rules are the no.1 problem. the league should leave the rules alone and use common sense.

in the end its the on field officials are the ones looking even more incompetent.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That's a joke of a call. Unless they are enforcing the rule differently than they did from the 70s through around 2005. And I kind of suspect they are.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Well, we will always have LII 52.

The schedule is just too darn hard to lose to the Bucs and Titans and not have it affect us. Rams, Saints, Panthers are all going to be difficult games. Pretty much have to run the division (possible because everyone sucks, but difficult), our margin is used up.

The defense isnt forcing turnovers, and the offense is getting no big play easy TDs. Everything is coming so difficult.

At least wentz looks like he's the real deal.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I just don't get it this year. All the strengths of last year are either being ignored or just not working at all. Also seems like Doug is double guessing himself. Where he once seemed assured he's now panicky.

I felt like if it were a 5 quarter game we'd have won that easily, but we've not convinced once yet this year.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I guess the dogs are not hungry anymore....

7ebdf983a1e4e2900d784523374d9cc3.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I just don't get it this year. All the strengths of last year are either being ignored or just not working at all. Also seems like Doug is double guessing himself. Where he once seemed assured he's now panicky.

I felt like if it were a 5 quarter game we'd have won that easily, but we've not convinced once yet this year.

I have faith they'll pull it together and this division will keep them in it. I think the short offseason, and probably the lack of dedication during that time, coupled with people coming back from injuries, people not playing in the preseason, and the injuries the to the skill positions have compounded to make this giant mess.

The main ongoing concerns to me are the lack of depth at D line causing them to move away from their rotation strategy, Schwartz's unwillingness to adjust his defense, and the loss of the offensive coaches. Even though Doug called the plays it's pretty clear that Reich and DeFilippo had a say in the strategy.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Did not see that coming, that really sucks for Jay. Hope he’s able to still get a contract after this year, but I just hope it’s somewhere else.

.... Trade for Blount, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->