OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Championship Weekend and Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Different style for each of their helmets that season. Like I said, I only ever wear the Rose Bowl one. They at the time of release were selling for $900 or so on the secondary market.

Bh0U2aHCIAAdfWD.jpg
That is pretty dope. I am a big hat fan and one thing I like about Oregon is their uniforms (not all of them, but a lot of them). The uglier the better. I love the mustard and green Ducks unis, I love the brown and yello old Padres unis, 70s A's uniforms, and so forth and so on. Do you know if these were ONLY sold as a set or if they sold them individually?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That is pretty dope. I am a big hat fan and one thing I like about Oregon is their uniforms (not all of them, but a lot of them). The uglier the better. I love the mustard and green Ducks unis, I love the brown and yello old Padres unis, 70s A's uniforms, and so forth and so on. Do you know if these were ONLY sold as a set or if they sold them individually?

At this point, I don't remember.

I know for a fact that the Rose Bowl one was exclusive to the set. The others i'm not sure, I want to say they were available individually but i'm not certain.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm so glad that you finally agree with me that Math sucks.

When I was in 4th grade one day the teacher announced that we would begin the math lesson. I said "Math sucks." The teacher, a kindly older woman, immediately snapped at me "No Beef Invictus, math doesn't suck. YOU suck."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
When I was in 4th grade one day the teacher announced that we would begin the math lesson. I said "Math sucks." The teacher, a kindly older woman, immediately snapped at me "No Beef Invictus, math doesn't suck. YOU suck."

As a freshman in algebra class, I threw a chunk of celery at the ceiling fan - because the window was open and I wanted to see if I could get it to bank off the fan and out the window, naturally. The celery missed the fan and hit the algebra teacher. I didn't do it on purpose, but I had looked at her with eyes which said "I'd dearly love to club the algebra out of you with celery" so many times that she was justified in giving me about 10 days of detention.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
As a freshman in algebra class, I threw a chunk of celery at the ceiling fan - because the window was open and I wanted to see if I could get it to bank off the fan and out the window, naturally. The celery missed the fan and hit the algebra teacher. I didn't do it on purpose, but I had looked at her with eyes which said "I'd dearly love to club the algebra out of you with celery" so many times that she was justified in giving me about 10 days of detention.
Clearly you didn't use the proper trig functions to calculate the proper throwing angle and angle of deflection off the fan. Also you need some physics too.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Who jumps out to everyone as worth a bet?

I'm eyeing Mayfield and Brees. I don't think I would bet on a non-QB given how rare it is for one to win the award recently. Even the number of QBs with actual MVP upside is tiny to me.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
if the eagles ever have a chance of going back to the top next year, they have to fill the holes with cheap vets and hopefully they all stay healthy and maybe we will have a chance, they cant overpay on players, that's why 2017 worked, all the good vets we signed stayed healthy and that was the big reason why won the sb, they got to have that luck again.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'm eyeing Mayfield and Brees. I don't think I would bet on a non-QB given how rare it is for one to win the award recently. Even the number of QBs with actual MVP upside is tiny to me.

Mayfield and Brees here too. Rodgers isn't tempting to me because he has consistently not been quite there.

I'd lean on Mayfield though, Brees is getting very old.

Roethlisberger and Newton feel overrated there to me.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018

Growing up hearing that black quarterbacks would never be good, never win, the beginning of that list is quite satisfying.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Best value on that board is Goff @100-1
a) still young, unlike old guys who have peaked like pig ben.
b) team is good. Can’t win a mvp on a crap team.
c) it’s a prove it year for the team and player

I’ll stress that I said best value. I don’t think that Kyler Murray is 5xs more likely to win mvp vs. Goff. I also think Goff may stink again next year. But if he reverts to 2018 form, and the rams also bounce back, he’ll be in the convo...perhaps

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Best value on that board is Goff @100-1
a) still young, unlike old guys who have peaked like pig ben.
b) team is good. Can’t win a mvp on a crap team.
c) it’s a prove it year for the team and player

I’ll stress that I said best value. I don’t think that Kyler Murray is 5xs more likely to win mvp vs. Goff. I also think Goff may stink again next year. But if he reverts to 2018 form, and the rams also bounce back, he’ll be in the convo...perhaps

This is a good call. Goff was the only other one I even considered. The schedule was also a nice factor in this to me, as he gets the NFC West, NFC East, and AFC East.

Ultimately it's the kind of move I might make because I would look to flip the ticket in midseason for a small profit, but so much would have to go right for him to actually win it. I'd still rather have him straight up than any 40-1 QB minus Mayfield. The Rams are certainly a better bet to be good than the Browns, though.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Jacksonville to play two home games in London next year, back to back weeks. Just move the team there

Reactions: SnS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->