OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Imagine Wentz with a 2 wideouts the caliber of Landry-Beckham in his 2nd year as starter...

Baker's been set up beautifully.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If Mailata gets to be on the roster for two years, gets into a handful of games and doesn't get Wentz killed, then he's probably worth the pick. Anything on top of that is gravy.

It would be cool if he worked out though.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This is my dream for the rest of the offseason.

1. Sign Darby to a 1 year prove it deal. He will come into the season as the number 1 cb and will have the opportunity to cash in big time with another team.
2. First round pick Best Dlineman available.
3. 2nd round picks Justice Hill, and Juan thornhill.
4. During summer cuts , get the best fa lb that is available on the cheap, Someone who is willling to take less for a shot at a superbowl.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
This is my dream for the rest of the offseason.

1. Sign Darby to a 1 year prove it deal. He will come into the season as the number 1 cb and will have the opportunity to cash in big time with another team.
2. First round pick Best Dlineman available.
3. 2nd round picks Justice Hill, and Juan thornhill.
4. During summer cuts , get the best fa lb that is available on the cheap, Someone who is willling to take less for a shot at a superbowl.

1. Would like Darby back.
2. Hoping Devin Bush falls to Philly, but Eagles don't value LB position so they probably wouldn't take him anyway. If not Bush, would take a best DL available.
3. Juan Thornhill is rising right now, could go in the 1st round. Justice Hill will be there in the 4th, if you're looking for a 2nd round RB take David Montgomery.
4. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with LJ Fort. Steeler fans wanted him back. He'll fill into the Eagles special teams and nickle/dime packages nicely. The Eagles don't use the LBs too heavily in their packages.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Darby supppsedly failed his physical with Kansas City in the new article I read on bleedinggreen.

It would make sense to bring him back so Jones can show he can be healthy and play at a high level. Once/if he shows us that, Darby can leave via free agency and the eagles can run Jones and Mills on the outside.

Bush is a dream I think. I don’t think he will get past Pittsburgh. I would love him and he’s a hell of a playmaker. If he did drop I think they would be dumb not to take him. Take a DL in the second if that were to be the case.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
f*** I forgot about Mills....Is there really a reason he should play over Douglas? They're basically the same player except Douglas is taller and can catch.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You going from ultra-conservative with Flyer prospects to calling Mailata a future all pro. What in the world?

Mailata is an athletic freak, with a high work ethic and the smarts to pick up NFL technique.

I was shocked when I saw him in the exhibition games, I expected him to have a few flash plays due to his size and athleticism, but basically get beat like a drum. Instead he more than held his own, even when he was beat, he was quick and long enough to recover and steer the DE around his QB. In one sense, he's easier to develop b/c he never developed bad habits in college (like trying to teach a 2 point college tackle to play with his hand down).

Think about Embiid, didn't start playing B-ball until he was 15-16, missed most of his one college season, 2 NBA seasons, yet he's possibly the best player in the NBA in his second full season of play. Truly great athletes climb the learning curve very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->