Proposal: Philadelphia/Calgary

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Dale Weise sure could use a change of scenery. Hasn't scored a single point for the Flyers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lol....Weise needs a change? He has yet to play a game with Philly.

This trade just gives each team almost the exact same players back. But I trust Weise to be a 3rd liner over Bouma. Philly says no.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Lol....Weise needs a change? He has yet to play a game with Philly.

This trade just gives each team almost the exact same players back. But I trust Weise to be a 3rd liner over Bouma. Philly says no.
But 33 year old Wideman should be better than 39 year old Streit

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Flyers will probably just ship Streit for a pick at the trade deadline...

and as he does not have an NMC (unlike Wideman he has a modified NTC) it will on paper give us more options to move him then.

And we get a downgrade in Weise for Bouma.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ

and as he does not have an NMC (unlike Wideman he has a modified NTC) it will on paper give us more options to move him then.

If the Flyers are in the playoff hunt you think they'll ship him off?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Who knows. Our only trade last year was trading Vinny and Schenn for Weal and a 3rd and we were in a playoff hunt at the time.

I would not be surprised if he was moved before X-Mas but it depends if we have someone ready in the AHL to move up....Morin or Sanheim.

Evergreen

Who knows. Our only trade last year was trading Vinny and Schenn for Weal and a 3rd and we were in a playoff hunt at the time.

I would not be surprised if he was moved before X-Mas but it depends if we have someone ready in the AHL to move up....Morin or Sanheim.

I think Hextall will be flexible in terms of when/if he trades Streit. If someone comes calling around Christmas because they've had an injury and that would be our chance to get the highest value, then maybe we make that deal. It also depends upon how well Morin and Sanheim look in Lehigh Valley.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
But 33 year old Wideman should be better than 39 year old Streit

Why because he's younger ? Don't think Wideman ever was, ever will be better as long as both are playing. If you go by age then there should be alot better then Jagr, When their not

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Has to be a no.

I feel like we're just trading the same players for the same players for no reason.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Depends on where he is on depth chart by then and who is pushing behind him, combined ofc with what value they could get for him.

Not a guarantee by any means... but does mean slightly more flexibility if the right circumstances arise... and a similar level player most likely in the meantime.

Flyers are likely going to have 8 Dmen going into year in:

Del Zotto -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Gudas
McDonald -- Streit
Schultz -- Manning

With Morin, Sanheim, Alt, Hagg & Brennan in the AHL behind them too.

If one is not moved before the season it is pretty likely one is moved in-season.

dj33habs

Jul 15, 2010

A downgrade in Weise? I think your out to lunch. Bouma turned one good year into a contract that the flames regret and Weise turned 2 good years into a real cup contender wanting him at the deadline.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Dale Weise sure could use a change of scenery. Hasn't scored a single point for the Flyers.

Agree. He's been somewhat invincible out there. All I've heard is his voice.:)

Wideman would probably be an upgrade over Streit, but Streit had a difficult season due to his pubic bone injury. He still could be a +45 point player in best case scenario, and for one season I'm not sure if Wideman could help more.

Bouma doesn't really make this that much more interesting, so no from Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad