OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Mikal would be alright. He’s long and probably will be a knock down shooter. Miles would kind of piss me off.

I honestly can't imagine why. He's every bit as intriguing a prospect as Mikal, any of his weaknesses are offset by his athletic ability and age (he's still only 20).

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I was excited, and then about three post later, that excitement died. I thought "91" had another gift to give. No such luck just as of yet.

Reactions: sa cyred

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I honestly can't imagine why. He's every bit as intriguing a prospect as Mikal, any of his weaknesses are offset by his athletic ability and age (he's still only 20).
A small ball 4 who is 6’6 with a 6’9 wingspan doesn’t do it for me. His numbers were pretty much identical from his freshman year which is a bit of a red flag.

I’m not in love with Mikal like a lot of people but I can see how he fits on this team. He’s pretty much the prototypical 3 and D guy.

Reactions: kelmitchell

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Would that not give him more versatility when it comes to playing the 3 or 4? It's common knowledge that this team epitomizes the positionless basketball mindset anyway. I also read that he allegedly dropped 20 pounds since the end of the season, you'd think that'd help when it comes to getting him more mobile enough to guard the perimeter.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You could argue the versatility is a plus. I know the guy over at the Ringer loves him and argued this. I just don’t think he’s a good enough ball handler to be a true threat from the wing (a common theme in this draft). Defensively the weight loss might help but I find those things are generally short lived. His block and steal rates are a bit alarming and those stats are usually good predictors of defensive ability.

I don’t doubt that the Sixers like him though and he has to be one of the favorites at 10. I’m just not that optimistic about him.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
its such a dumb argument to say that lebron wants to play in la because he has a home in la and his kids want to go school there, that makes nothing. he's playing in Cleveland and he lives in la and has a home in miami. it's all bs because briere lives in montreal and signed with the flyers. a players living environment has no effect on where they play, it's all about the rings. if lebron doesnt care about rings then he should retire and it's waste of cap space to sign a player that has no desire to win.

Reactions: Rebels57

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia

He recognizes Azubuike is lost, blows by a decent defender in Devonte' Graham after setting him up, and has the touch to finish. :thumbu:

They could really use another switchable Wing too.

Apparently he shot well for Denver, shot has a load up like TJ though.

JJJ falling to us at would make this so much easier :naughty:

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The rumor today is that Sacramento and Dallas want out. Not sure how the Sixers could do it without being able to trade SAC's '19 pick anymore.

I wonder how far 10 + Dario gets us. He seems like a player like has a weirdly high reputation around the league.

At this point, I don’t even know who I value more between Dario and RoCo.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I wonder how far 10 + Dario gets us. He seems like a player like has a weirdly high reputation around the league.

I don't think they move Dario unless it's for an established star, but yeah that's what they would have to do to get up there.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Dario seems so much like a Spurs player, oddly they have a player the Sixers could use.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Covington was ass from about January on. Dario is a better tougher player and still getting better. Covington is SAWFT. He could go to the hole with three of the hottest women in the world and he still wouldnt be able to finish. Seriously though, I have never seen an athletic 6'9 guy struggle so badly to finish around the rim.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Covington’s offensive shortcomings are nothing new. He’s a career 36% from 3, which is right about the NBA average. That’s literally the only thing he does fairly well on the offensive end. His inability to finish at the rim is astounding given his physical attributes. At 27 years old, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to expect significant improvement.

Reactions: The Madrigal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->