OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Embiid and Simmons are genuinely special. That game really did a nice job taking the aftertaste of the Flyers out of my mouth.

I am still concerned about Fultz even after the 2nd half of that game. Need to see that for several full games, then we'll talk. Also, hey, Landry Shamet played 29 minutes in only his 2nd NBA game.

Reactions: flyersphan20

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Embiid and Simmons are genuinely special. That game really did a nice job taking the aftertaste of the Flyers out of my mouth.

I am still concerned about Fultz even after the 2nd half of that game. Need to see that for several full games, then we'll talk. Also, hey, Landry Shamet played 29 minutes in only his 2nd NBA game.

I think Shamet will be making a meaninful contribution before the season is over. Looks very comfortable and plays within himself.

Reactions: Jtown

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I think Shamet will be making a meaninful contribution before the season is over. Looks very comfortable and plays within himself.
Agreed. I liked the pick when we got him. I think Brown did a nice job evaluating his worth for NBA play. We'll see but he is looking pretty good

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
*sigh*
Microwave Generation. Nowhere is it worse than in ball where a 22 yr old and his 24 yr old counterpart each with barely 100 games played are supposed to be winning titles and burning villages to the ground.

Fultz looked ok. He's a 20 yr old guard and 20 yr old guards tend to be inefficient and inconsistent. Who he is in 9 months will give us a better conception of his future.

When Covington plays like that this team can go with anyone.
Amir has got to play better defense. That's all he's in there for.
Shamet looked good.
No more Jo trailer 3's. Give those attempts to Dario. No more Dario midrange 2's. Give those to Jo.
and For the Love of God please no more JJ + TJ lineups. The combination made my eyes bleed.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
*sigh*
Microwave Generation. Nowhere is it worse than in ball where a 22 yr old and his 24 yr old counterpart each with barely 100 games played are supposed to be winning titles and burning villages to the ground.

Fultz looked ok. He's a 20 yr old guard and 20 yr old guards tend to be inefficient and inconsistent. Who he is in 9 months will give us a better conception of his future.

When Covington plays like that this team can go with anyone.
Amir has got to play better defense. That's all he's in there for.
Shamet looked good.
No more Jo trailer 3's. Give those attempts to Dario. No more Dario midrange 2's. Give those to Jo.
and For the Love of God please no more JJ + TJ lineups. The combination made my eyes bleed.

When Covington looks good he looks really good. When he looks bad he looks really bad. We’ve seen both so far this season.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Had to dip out for a hockey game. Did I miss a Fultz 3?!?!

it was glorious. His stroke from distance is so much different than his stroke from the line, which leads me to believe this shooting hiccup is all in his head. After he hit the 3 he showed significantly better body language ( his body language just sucks since he has been a pro) and looked interested in the game.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
it was glorious. His stroke from distance is so much different than his stroke from the line, which leads me to believe this shooting hiccup is all in his head. After he hit the 3 he showed significantly better body language ( his body language just sucks since he has been a pro) and looked interested in the game.

Reggie Miller is like 90% stupid, but he did mention early in the game that Fultz needs a hustle play to get some juice and the crowd going, and he actually did that about 10 mins later and the place exploded, then he looked into the game.

He needs to get to a point where he's just playing the game. Look at Simmons and Embiid, they are out there playing ball, not thinking about every mechanical thing in their shot.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Reggie Miller is like 90% stupid, but he did mention early in the game that Fultz needs a hustle play to get some juice and the crowd going, and he actually did that about 10 mins later and the place exploded, then he looked into the game.

He needs to get to a point where he's just playing the game. Look at Simmons and Embiid, they are out there playing ball, not thinking about every mechanical thing in their shot.

exactly. Reggie miller usually gives pretty good and unique commentary imo. And he is right about Fultz. You have to get yourself into the flow of the game somehow instead of just sulking weakside at the 3 point line. Fultz is very good at many things its just his shot is jacked up. He can still contribute.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The TNT broadcast wasn't horrible, what a difference not playing Boston makes. (There's some video game, they splice Hayward into it animation style, it makes me sick. I f***ing hate it, I want that company to fail. Had it been a Sixer, I'd have already downloaded it and sung it's praises here most likely.)

Reggie Miller was correct about the hustle plays. We want to love Fultz, give us reasons, any reasons, and the love is yours. (Can you imagine if Fultz responded and played like Dario or TJ? /shudder)

Reggie Miller (Barkley) were incorrect about the crowd. At first I thought being called "passionate" was a compliment. But all of that angst talk, and comments about the Philly crowd were actually subtle digs. We want to love this guy, we'll be patient, we've been conditioned to wait for good things.

Embiid is better than bad; Simmons still looks like a serial killer between victim selection decisions; and Fultz* was inefficient, but willing to shoot, which is good.

*Fultz looks like he's trying too hard, but doesn't want to show it. A bit pouty, a bit disinterested, eye-rolling, deep-exhale teenager (which he was a teenager last year), a bit slow. More than once, he was beaten up the floor after a half court basket by Dario and Embiid. You'd reckon someone with his size and speed would be able to beet two big men up the floor.

Shamet surprised. Really enjoyed the steal he created, and then Ben leading the fast break, dishing to Shamet to drain an easy 3. Do work, get rewarded.

On the other hand, I feel for Korkmaz. By the time he got into the trash-time part of the game, there was nothing for him to do. Fultz took over that time to glory ball it, which I don't mind if if gets him right, but there was no offense, no chance for Korkmaz to shine. And when watching him on defense, a lot left to be desired. Got blown by or rubbed out on a screen way too easily. Do better, I'm cheering for you.

I expect Dario to be sub-Super until just before Thanksgiving. Those heavy leg comments about the summer ball for Croatia looked spot on. When he got the And1, they flashed to the bench and Amir meme'd a Dario jump fist pump, that made me happy. Amir does not make me happy though, driftwood. (I still light a candle for you Noel, why did you have to snuff it out yourself?)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If Shamet can be a JJ-lite for the 2nd rotation, that's possibly a game changer right there, he'll allow them to either extend leads or keep them close before the 1's get back in. That's something they didn't have last year, until they got Bellinelli/Irsan.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
9790CD8A-3152-4B29-9261-DF50D2CAF072.gif

@Captain Dave Poulin

Could you do me a favor and put Fultz’s face on this please?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->