OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So who here thought with that love fest that Lebron got last week that he was footing the bill for everything with that school?

All of you? Right.

Nah, he donated what amounts to $2M and the tax payers are likely on the hook for the rest going forward. But hey, Chris Paul donated $2.5M to Wake Forest today and you don't see any pomp and circumstance around that.
I read on Twitter that the amount he’s donating is equivalent to someone who makes $50k per year donating $10 at church every week.

(I didn’t check if that was accurate, but if it is it’s pretty funny)

Reactions: kelmitchell

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Someone posted this in the basketball section. Impressive. Most impressive.

Witnessed this live. Did it just as I was walking into the gym. My head nearly snapped off my neck in disbelief.

He’s 285 as an 18 year old. Not sure how that body type is going to work in the NBA but he can jump out of the gym.
He needs to work on his body for sure like all teens but when he trims down his athleticism is going to pop even more.
He's got Simmons/AD/Embiid type potential on draft day.

I just cant wait for the 'but he cant shoot' arguments ad nauseum like we hear with Simmons :help:

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I really don’t see his potential like that.
Understandable.
Having watched him live and now played a little against him, its very exciting in the same way that I felt scouting AD and Simmons when they were teens because you really dont know how his game will develop in the next 2-3 yrs.

If he develops certain things well enough he's a top 5 NBA player. If certain things never develop he might be a disappointment but still have a long NBA career.

This time 4 years ago I was convinced Simmons was a power forward only. Then his IQ on offense just kept popping even as he escalated in competition. His body control and finishing were gulfs away from what they are now and that quantum leap he took from age 17-20 has convinced me he'll be a force for years.

Zion is in that same boat at the same age though Simmons was better at 18.
You've almost got to give him the ball everywhere on the floor in practice and just let him work it out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad