OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Not as good as the Milton twins in a two way but pretty cool...
:laugh::laugh: NSFW for those wondering
giphy.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The first round draft pick curse continues

Zhaire Smith coming home from training to be evaluated for a foot injury

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So who here thought with that love fest that Lebron got last week that he was footing the bill for everything with that school?

All of you? Right.

Nah, he donated what amounts to $2M and the tax payers are likely on the hook for the rest going forward. But hey, Chris Paul donated $2.5M to Wake Forest today and you don't see any pomp and circumstance around that.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Nah, he donated what amounts to $2M and the tax payers are likely on the hook for the rest going forward.
I read that his foundation is pledging 2 million per year
they've also already donated several million over the last few years to the district...
But hey, Chris Paul donated $2.5M to Wake Forest today and you don't see any pomp and circumstance around that.
a donation to a private school with an endowment of over a billion that charges nearly 50k in tuition per year isn't really very newsworthy

Reactions: Ruck Over

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I read that his foundation is pledging 2 million per year
they've also already donated several million over the last few years to the district...

a donation to a private school with an endowment of over a billion that charges nearly 50k in tuition per year isn't really very newsworthy

Which is fine and all but the media could have, you know, not made it seem like Lebron was doing it all.

A donation of $2M a year from a guy that signed a shoe deal worth, a believed amount of $1B (over it's life), isn't really very newsworthy either. A generous donation? Of course but not one that should have came with all of that coverage.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Of course but not one that should have came with all of that coverage.
completely agree
the trump criticism was pretty funny, and as usual, ironic, considering that trump University was merely a fraudulent entity built just to steal money from their "students"

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's crazy what happens to these kids in their first years with this team. Even a guy like Pierre Jackson. Blows out his Achilles in Summer League. Never the same.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Hinkie gave Gupta a lot of credit. I was kind of hoping that the Sixers would give Gupta the GM job now. Oh well.

I was kinda hoping sixers would bring gupta in and hinkie, have Sam be president after colangelo leaves, and have gupta be GM, Id' offer both a blank check..

also the injury to smith, fractured jones bone not sure how long he will be out, and the sixers should not play summer league or just sit our 1st rd draft picks. we gotta break the curse.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
I just cannot get excited for this franchise. The way the organization is run, the management, the injuries...I just can't get into it. This is easily the most frustrating franchise we have in Philly.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What type of f***ing drills do these idiots run in the summer?

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Get well soon Zhaire...I've just accepted the fact that Philly teams are cursed.

Wentz got injured in the midst of the best QB season in Eagles history only to have his backup break the 58 yr drought while outdueling the best QB of all time.

It takes wild **** to happen for this town to win titles so the wackiness of the Process just lets me know we're close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad