OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fultz can't shoot a basketball, and nobody really knows how good defensively he is. I get DeRozan has some issues, but Fultz doesn't even look like an NBA player last year

Fultz showed elite athleticism, if they can fix his shot, he'll be an elite guard.
He has the eye to hand coordination to be a good shooter, just got messed up by listening to the wrong guy.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Fultz showed elite athleticism, if they can fix his shot, he'll be an elite guard.
He has the eye to hand coordination to be a good shooter, just got messed up by listening to the wrong guy.

fultz is a lot of things. Great ball handler, can ge to the rim, Gets to the foul line. a good shooter when he is not crazy, a hell of a half court threat . James Harden jr to some extent. But no, he is not a great athlete.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
fultz is a lot of things. Great ball handler, can ge to the rim, Gets to the foul line. a good shooter when he is not crazy, a hell of a half court threat . James Harden jr to some extent. But no, he is not a great athlete.

he is not in the same class as a ben simmons or a zhaire smith. he is good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He doesn't have Smith's vertical or great straight line speed, but Fultz has exceptional body control, certain athletes have the ability to force defenders to slow down and be able to set them up, Westbrook was exceptional as a RB in that regard - Fultz has that, he beats players to the spot for rebounds, breaks down defenders one on one, etc. Smith may have better measureables, but they don't translate to the court right now - but to be fair, center in HS, forward in college, 2G in the NBA, it may take him a couple years to figure it out!

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He doesn't have Smith's vertical or great straight line speed, but Fultz has exceptional body control, certain athletes have the ability to force defenders to slow down and be able to set them up, Westbrook was exceptional as a RB in that regard - Fultz has that, he beats players to the spot for rebounds, breaks down defenders one on one, etc. Smith may have better measureables, but they don't translate to the court right now - but to be fair, center in HS, forward in college, 2G in the NBA, it may take him a couple years to figure it out!

that has more to do with handle. Prime Deron Williams, was probably the best version of that with plus athleticism. He gets to the hole the way brandon roy and harden use to. Top of the key can go finish with either hand or hit the pull up j. Its just a half court nightmare. I do worry about him being able to finish at the rim since he does not have that explosion like others , but he is crafty enough and has good enough touch to finish.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
What a clown Bjelica is if he signs with the Kings. Says he felt devalued by the Sixers contract....good luck in Sacramento. Ciao...
starting to look like trading for a guy who can just go sign anywhere he wants was a waste of assets and time. things look not so good for this management team lately

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
starting to look like trading for a guy who can just go sign anywhere he wants was a waste of assets and time. things look not so good for this management team lately
I fail to see how agreeing to a 1 yr deal with a career bench player and then having that player renege on said deal to look for more term/money is management's fault.

Bjelica would have been a solid pickup but he's had minimal pt in his career so the Sixers didnt want to give him term especially considering theyll still be in the market for stars next year and will have to give Simmons a max.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
OK so now that enough time has passed for everything can crystallize, can someone outline that earlier front office Twitter drama from a couple months ago? I never did get a good grasp on it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
OK so now that enough time has passed for everything can crystallize, can someone outline that earlier front office Twitter drama from a couple months ago? I never did get a good grasp on it.

after the initial story came out.. The Curious Case of Bryan Colangelo and the Secret Twitter Account Sixers fans on twitter had his wife dead to rights within 12 hours and he was dead to rights within 24 hours in what is probably the most impressive live hour by hour detective work done by an unorgaized amalgamous fanbase. By the time the sixers hired a forensice investigator sixer fans were already in the know for 3 days. Im not sure any other fanbase could have done what sixxeer fans did. Looking back it ould very well be said that this was our finest hour as philly sport fans.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
From Bucknell. Stretch big. Good shooter. Bounced between the G-League and the NBA last year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh hey. Not bad. On one hand, I'm not sure the value was great, but it's not like either had much. I'd rather give their wing Minutes to others at this point anyway.

The one thing that Muscala can't reliably do that Bjelica could is put the ball on the floor a little bit. That's an important difference for this team.

Reactions: Jtown

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Starters: Simmons/Redick/Covington/Saric/Embiid
Bench: TJ/Fultz/Chandler/Muscala/Amir

Deep Bench: Shamet (1/2), Bayless (1/2), Zhaire (2/3), Korkmaz (1/2/3), Holmes (4/5)

Then you got Bolden (4/5), Milton who I think is unsigned technically...

Hopefully we put Bayless in the ejector seat then bring in Bolden to cap off the roster.

That starting lineup should be able to go with ayone and ON PAPER that bench should be damn good especially the backcourt.
Wouldve rather just kept Anderson and stayed away from Chandler but c'est la vie

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Pompey says we’re working on something else, which better be a useful trade. Because Muscala is not good.

I think your opinion on this should be tied to what you think of TLC (and OKC is making a habit of picking up Sixers pieces they like) because Anderson is a never-was. If you think he has anything left to develop, you should hate it. If not, probably just a shoulder shrug.

Holmes is not going to get run under this coaching staff. As long as they don't let Muscala defend 4s, he's an average backup. I'm not saying that has a particular amount of value, but if he's guarding 5s, he's not going to kill you.

If this kind of deal was coming, I like selling those early 2nds even less. Now that they're starting to churn these guys, the misses are going to start hurting badly.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Anderson is what he is. As far of bottom of the bench guys go he was one of the better ones though. TLC was a future 3 and D at best. Maybe could be that 8th guy off the bench. Neither are anything to get upset about losing but Mike Muscala isn't anything to get excited about either.

They must have something else in the pipeline.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Anderson is what he is. As far of bottom of the bench guys go he was one of the better ones though. TLC was a future 3 and D at best. Maybe could be that 8th guy off the bench. Neither are anything to get upset about losing but Mike Muscala isn't anything to get excited about either.

They must have something else in the pipeline.
This. It's such a sideways move if I've ever seen one

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Muscala is a great pickup, basically the same player as Ersan and Bjelica.
TLC and Anderson were going to be parked at the back of the bench (TJ, Smith, Korkmaz, Chandler, Fultz/Reddick all ahead of them as backups, and Amir, Holmes, Bolden - 13 players). So you add Muscala, and one spot is left.
This opens a roster spot for Shamet, and Milton is either IR or a two way contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad