OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Onseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So..to continue on the Celts and Cavs big trade that may fall apart...looks like they have until Thurs to nix the deal. I know the Cavs value the Nets pick above all else..but not having a point guard for a big portion of the season would be a tough pill to swallow. If they can extract more from Boston and it is allowed.. then rake Ainge over the coals. Otherwise best thing for the Sixers would be for the Cavs to back out altogether...screw the Celtics!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Both teams are in a tough spot. It would be awkward for everyone if the trade falls through and Kyrie stays in Cleveland and IT and Crowder in Boston. I can't imagine that any of those guys would be particularly happy with that situation. Nor management for that matter. I think they have to figure out a way to get it done, but Boston definitely needs to sweeten the pot if IT is going to need surgery.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Latest I saw is that Boston claims they were transparent. Sounds like they won't budge much more on players. Lets see who has the biggest balls and breaks first.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So Lamelo Ball gets his own shoe now...

Seems like "that's gonna be a no for me, dawg" from the NCAA resulting in his ineligibility.

Why even risk that?

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So the Cavs extracted another pick from the Celts. Meanwhile, Thomas is not even running and he might be out until Feb! They better hope Rose can fill some of the void. If they get desperate we can trade them TJ for something decent...

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
According to Howard Eskin,

Embiid's agent wants a new contract before he plays 5 on 5.

Howard Eskin stirring up crap....

If true...Embiid's agent can pound sand. Embiid has played what 30 games in the NBA? I hope Jo Jo doesn't fall into the money trap before he has proven himself healthy and able to play at the minimum 50-60 games.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's going to get the max, from the Sixers or someone else as a restricted free agent.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
He's going to get the max, from the Sixers or someone else as a restricted free agent.

Yeah its a gamble as it was always going to be but a worthwhile one certainly.

When youve got teams like Minnesota ready to fork over max cash for Wiggins (who's disappointed heavily since being drafted) a guy like Embiid, even with just 30 games, seems like a worthy bet.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I mean yeah the Sixers pretty much have no choice but it is annoying as hell if this is true....

They are just going to have to manage his minutes pretty much like the Lakers did with Bynum until he was totally shot and the Sixers stupidly traded for him...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If Embiid plays 40 games and says he wants the max, do you think they're going to let him walk? It doesn't change much of anything. Hell, I would rather do it now and hope they agree to some injury concessions for doing it early.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah its a gamble as it was always going to be but a worthwhile one certainly.

When youve got teams like Minnesota ready to fork over max cash for Wiggins (who's disappointed heavily since being drafted) a guy like Embiid, even with just 30 games, seems like a worthy bet.

I don't know if I totally agree with that. He was considered a pretty raw player coming out who needed to develop a shot but has made significant improvements each year, and just averaged 24 per game as a 21-year-old, and improved his 3P% to over 35% this season. I will agree that he's been abysmal defensively for a guy who should be much better than he is in that regard. But young wings who can put up points in bunches will get that contract every time.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I don't know if I totally agree with that. He was considered a pretty raw player coming out who needed to develop a shot but has made significant improvements each year, and just averaged 24 per game as a 21-year-old, and improved his 3P% to over 35% this season. I will agree that he's been abysmal defensively for a guy who should be much better than he is in that regard. But young wings who can put up points in bunches will get that contract every time.

Not that I totally disagree, Minn has no choice really. He's still got upside but he's been dismal through his first 3 seasons.

He's been terrible defensively as you mentioned and yes he averaged 24 per game...
but it took him 19 shots per game to get those 24.

He's basically Rudy Gay with more hype at this point. A one way wing who's grossly inefficient.

If Okafor had been fully healthy these last three years I bet his raw stats would be similar, and we all know how Sixers fans view him.

Embiid, on the other hand, has potential through the roof. If he plays 60 games he's in the MVP conversation.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Can't wait....should be a fun team to watch. Enough with the major injuries already...time to shut the bums up especially the Celtics and LaVar and little Lonzo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->